Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
POTUS Steps Up For the American People Again!
(07-26-2020, 12:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 03:39 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: While I certainly respect the effort becaus, believe it or not, both left and right wing people are literally dying waiting for this relief (in the "greatest country" mind you), I'm not entirely confident this will ultimately fix any systemic issues. 

No comment from the peanut factory about greatest/favorite president  tinylaughing

Will it work?

There are so many loop holes in these EOs that they hold as much water as a fish net. I didn't have to read too far to see my arch nemesis CMS mentioned. It appears these orders are another attempt to bring the pharmaceutical companies to the bargaining table, to negotiate for a reduction in their pricing. It made the suggestion that if an agreement is not made, the government will open up and allow the import of cheaper drugs from Canada and other countries for use in the US. This is a huge can of worms that by itself, will then set the scene for numerous, long and protracted law suits.

The pharmaceutical companies are not going to bend over. They hold all the cards and they own too many of the principle players. It looks good on paper and it is a great gesture, but there is very little chance the American people will ever see any true benefit from it.

Again, please don't take this as an attack on Trump. My opinion on this particular matter comes from many years of working in medical management. I worked in the belly of the beast, and I sacrificed so many pounds of my flesh to get my patients what they needed, until all that was left of me was bones. So yes, this rubs all my raw spots.

I agree 100% with the loophole comment, that's why I hate when presidents tout their EOs as an actual accomplishment. Not all of them are bad or meaningless, but they are a temporary (and often litigated) piece of paper that rarely have any affect on what they are trying to fix. 

This is why the focus shouldn't be on what a president does or doesn't do (any president), it should be aimed squarely at congress for sitting on their damn hands and not doing anything. Squabbling in their chambers like children.

Messages In This Thread
RE: POTUS Steps Up For the American People Again! - by DuckforcoveR - 07-26-2020, 02:36 PM