Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings
(07-10-2016, 05:42 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I just now saw this on my news feed:

Quote:The Falcon Heights, Minnesota police shooting of Philando Castile is based around an entirely false narrative.  Castile and Ms. Diamond Reynolds (Facebook video uploader) were pulled over by police because Castile matched a BOLO Alert for an armed robbery suspect from four days prior.

Unfortunately, the false statements in the video – which have gone viral, and are being pushed by the mainstream media – have created a backlash against police officers.

Police officers in: Dallas (link), Tennessee (link), Missouri (link) and Georgia (link) have been Shot or killed in the past 24 hours as a result of a false narrative driven by the Black Lives Matter movement. It is important to get the truth out quickly.

Read more here: Source Link

That video has bothered me since the first time I saw it. If someone I allegedly love is laying there bleeding out, I'm probably not going to be using my cell phone to video the expiration and offering calm commentary as the video rolls. Even the cop was more hysterical than she was.

I didn't catch her even trying to check on the kid in the back seat to see if the child got perforated in the exchange. She's just entirely too nonchalant and carefree to be watching the death of a loved one.

Were it me, I'd be using that phone to call 911 and get an ambulance out there post haste, because the cop was just covering a dying man with his weapon and getting hysterical about it. That I can understand - shooting a man can be traumatic, especially if it's the first time you've ever shot a man, or you don't shoot folks on a regular enough basis to get blase about it.

What I can't understand is the budding young videographer's indifference.

The cop was too hysterical to think straight and get a meat wagon out there. The young lady had her phone in hand, and rather than call for help, she elected to calmly film her alleged boyfriend's dying breath.

There is something very wrong about that video and that situation.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: 11 officers shot, 4 fatally during Dallas protest over police shootings - by Ninurta - 07-11-2016, 05:03 AM