Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harry and Meghan Want Our Tax Dollars
(03-31-2020, 09:05 AM)BIAD Wrote: Well, that's the end of that debate!!!

Quote:WHO DARES ONES Harry and Meghan to hire former SAS soldiers to keep their family safe in LA.

'Prince Harry is hiring a crack team of former SAS soldiers to keep his family safe.
The unit will provide protection for him, wife Meghan and baby Archie after their move to LA.

The couple chose from a shortlist of two firms whose staff have guarded superstars including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie,
Nicole Kidman and Madonna, as well as senior politicians and diplomats.

The Sun has agreed not to name those guarding the couple due to safety concerns.

A source said: “It doesn’t come cheap — in the region of £400 per operative per day, which will quickly add up with a
team on hand around the clock. “The overall bill will be many tens of thousands of pounds, but Harry and Meghan are
huge celebrities, at least on par with the biggest A-listers in the world...'
The Sun:

Has agreed to not name them or doesn't know their names...?
tinyhuh

My guess would be knows the name of the agency, but not the individual operatives.  The agency itself has probably just finished putting the roster together, and has only learned the operative names a few minutes ago - I bet the ink isn't even dry!

£400 per operative per day is a bargain price for former SAS. The agency will take anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of that, usually, and pay the operatives the rest.It's a rare agency that takes less - I only know of one that charged 21.00 an hour per man, and paid the operatives themselves 18.00 of that, pocketing a mere 3.00 per hour per man - that was back in the 1990's, and I'd guess prices have gone up since then.

At £400/$500 per day per man, that's going to give the agents themselves roughly $250/day. Let's call it $240/day for easy calculation. That would be $20.00/hr for a 12 hour shift, which is what off duty cops were making back in the 90's - not much for an SAS caliber individual today. Because of that, I'm guessing it will be on standard 8 hour shifts, so they are making roughly $30.00/hour. Probably 4 men for each 8 hr shift = 12 agents per day@ $500/day each comes up to £4800 / $6000 per day, a pretty hefty bill. Harry is probably going to have to get a second job... 

-----------------

Explanatory note: I'm basing the figures on experience I gained doing the same sort of work for Bank of America executives who were under threat back in the 90's and early 2000's, so the figures are extremely "ballpark", and may be off by a mile. We were not SAS-caliber, and so were working 12 hour shifts instead at a fixed rate. It had it's perks, however - we had to go wherever they went, and eat whatever they did, so meals were thrown in at pretty ritzy places on top of the salary and paid accommodations for off-time, plus a minor per-deim that never got spent due to having to eat with the execs... the hourly rate was cash-in-pocket, and doesn't include the value of the perks. The perks were partially paid for out of the agency's cut, by the agency. Call it "overhead".

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry and Meghan Want Our Tax Dollars - by Ninurta - 04-02-2020, 02:23 AM