Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Harry and Meghan Want Our Tax Dollars
(03-29-2020, 08:27 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: No obligation, but they're going to ask anyway?  
I don't see them as royalty here. They aren't in "the family" any longer. They might have to learn to walk the streets just like the rest of us without guards with guns!

Source

Speak for yourself - I go nowhere without guards and guns, mostly because I AM a guard, and I have a gun... 

LOL!

As for paying for their security, nope. There aren't any OTHER private citizens from any country on Earth that the US gives Secret Service protection to, and they shan't be the first. The Secret Service is supposed to be protecting our politicians, not private foreigners. They may not recall, but we fought a whole war to get out from under a monarchy, THEIR monarchy, and I can't think of any reason off the top of my head that we should voluntarily re-enter under their monarchy and give them OUR taxes - didn't taxes factor in to that little war we had to begin with? 

Besides, they quit the Royal Family - they're just private folks now, like you or me. The US government doesn't pay for my security, and I bet they don't pay for yours, either.

Nope.

Now, if they want to move here to the Appalachians, I might be persuaded to provide their security for a nominal fee, but I'll be damned if I'll move to Commiefornia to provide it there - they ain't got enough money to pay for that, not even with a loan from Granny E!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Harry and Meghan Want Our Tax Dollars - by Ninurta - 03-29-2020, 10:47 PM