Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Strange Case Of Duffy The Singer From Wales
(03-01-2020, 02:15 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I must confess, I had never even heard of Duffy - she must be a "young folks" thing. Out of curiosity, I listened to some of her music, and believe I may have discovered an alternate explanation for her disappearance - it seems to have something of a niche appeal...

Most haven't heard of her beyond the thirty-something age range and certainly not a major singer in
the entertainment industry. I must confess that I only vaguely recall her as one of these 'fly-by-night'
players that come and go quickly in the British music scene.

But it's the revelation in her posting that startles me. It's one helluva time to announce such a terrible
ordeal with the hashtag parades, the feminist movement, Weinstein's conviction and 'all-men-are-rapists'
narrative.

You would think a PR firm -or at least a friend, would have advised her to release the information
immediately and with some Police-backing because it could be construed that Duffy is merely using
the opportunity to relaunch her flagging career.

The media rarely sit on a situation like this when you think about Bill Cosby, the payments-for-answers
debacle of some Hollywood actors' college kids, the Daily Mirror's phone-hacking scandal and many
others. So I find it odd that Journalist resisted the urge to relate the story to anyone or get it published
him/herself.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Strange Case Of Duffy The Singer From Wales - by BIAD - 03-01-2020, 10:23 AM