Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hillary's Emails: We Have Them All
So this fella admits to transmitting 30K classified e-mails to a Gmail account, so that he could then transfer them to a new, "clean" e-mail server? Good thing he did, perhaps, but that in itself seems a break in protocol if he sent them in plaintext instead of highly encrypted. Why not just transfer them to a thumb drive or portable hard drive to preserve security? There's a whole lot that can go wrong with transfers across the internet...

Now, I've used Gmail to save things myself, but if they are of a sensitive nature, I zip them into a compressed, and encrypted, file, and then re-encrypt that. I wouldn't just send them individually in plaintext, which is what is indicated given the fact that each one had this company's e-mail address in the metadata.

Furthermore, when I have to encrypt stuff to send it across wire, it gets encrypted 4 times, with 4 different encryption algorithms. The one used for the zipped file, and then the next runs 3 different cascaded algorithms - one forward, the second backward, and the third forward again. When I'm done, that crap is so scrambled that eggs got nothin' on it. 4 different algorithms are used to guard against any one or two of them getting broken - there are still more layers to wade through, and to date none of them have been broken... and I'm just a dumbassed hillbilly. One would think an IT professional would run rings around my pathetic attempts.

It just seems... wrong... for an IT Security pro to send individual e-mails across the internet to a company that may be based in China in order to preserve US State Secrets when tools are available commonly to bypass such an awkward and time-consuming means of transferring classified e-mails from one computer to another.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary's Emails: We Have Them All - by BIAD - 08-17-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: Hillary's Emails: We Have Them All - by Ninurta - 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM
RE: Hillary's Emails: We Have Them All - by BIAD - 08-17-2019, 09:17 PM
RE: Hillary's Emails: We Have Them All - by BIAD - 08-18-2019, 01:30 PM