Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Something I posted over there
I have given a little thought to mass shooting.. See if this makes sense... There are around 700,000 LEOs for 330 million people in the states..Out of the 700,000 how many are working in a 24 hour period. Those who are working can not be every where at all times...

Most of the shootings occur in gun free zones.. Those need to be done away with. There are over 8 million concealed carry permit holders. I believe there should be a level one and level two concealed carry permit issued to those who want to do training for level two. Level two permit holder would be trained to engage a perp who is trying to shoot up a place of business or a crowd and the permit would carry a level two sticker. No need really for a level two for many X military however it would be a confidence builder for anyone with a permit, IMO.

The main thing for concealed carry permit holders is motivation regardless of what level (if adopted) they have. I have thought for many years my weapon was for me and mine simple because I did not want the hassle of having to fire my side arm unless absolutely necessary. However being on my knees and praying for mercy or god's intervention was always a futile effort from accounts that I have read so I never considered myself an on my knees kinda guy.

A detective friend of mine told me many years ago that every round fired has a whole pack of lawyers attached to it; and they are not on your side... So I would avoid if at all possible, any engagements. Nevertheless I always tried be have a decent sense of situational awareness and be prepared to shoot if I had to.. I was never paranoid but was alert ... I still have friends and family who never knew I was armed when we were out together.

Most of the concealed carry permit holders I knew took their carrying a fire arm seriously. We shot pistols and rifles in competition and listened to those who were our betters so we could better hone our skills.

Even after my rambling response if I had been in a movie theater, a mall, or in a crowd I would have engaged an active shooter and I do believe that it would have been one shoot one kill depending on the circumstances, otherwise, the shot would not have been taken.

With the shootings going on now there will be another effort to confiscate or outlaw guns again. They better change the Constitution or they may have a real fight on their hands.

IMO those who grew up on psychotropic drugs or are currently users have no business having a firearm..

Like I said do away with gun free zones and motivate the 8 million plus concealed carry permit holders to be more aware and not afraid of engagement with some poor misunderstood little darling who needs to be stopped . It is being reported that the Concealed carry permit holders had their firearms stored in their cars because the Walmart in El Paso was a gun free zone.. Stupid gun fearing idiots who have no answers only new laws and bans..

I always thought murder was against the law too...

Messages In This Thread
Something I posted over there - by 727Sky - 08-06-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: Something I posted over there - by BIAD - 08-06-2019, 04:51 PM
RE: Something I posted over there - by Ninurta - 08-06-2019, 06:37 PM
RE: Something I posted over there - by guohua - 08-06-2019, 08:41 PM
RE: Something I posted over there - by BIAD - 08-06-2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Something I posted over there - by 727Sky - 08-07-2019, 06:18 AM
RE: Something I posted over there - by BIAD - 08-07-2019, 08:23 AM