Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again
(07-06-2019, 09:18 AM)BIAD Wrote: Secondly, your introspection during a grocery run.
If I may be so bold, why not just soak in the lovely scenery during your trip...? I mean, from the images you provided,
the rural surroundings must be fascinating enough for an outdoors-person such as yourself without the burden of looking
for places to kill people from.
tinyhuh

Maybe musing on what to purchase at the grocery store may assist passing the time away during the journey?
Leave the concerns of where to place trip-wires and homemade anti-personnel mines for another day and instead,
count how many butterflies you see on your trip.

Just in general, pondering the wonders of nature is always something that can hold the attention for many miles too.
Balmy days in a truck aren't really conducive with thoughts of guerrilla warfare, self-made field-dressings and reflections
on strangulation as the best method of silent-slaying against slicing the larynx with that terrible thing you always carry.
tinybigeyes

I'm afraid you may have misapprehended my intentions. I'm not looking for places to kill folks from, I'm surveying my surroundings for places folks might try to kill ME from, so that I can take the appropriate evasive measures. I suppose it may be the after effects in old age of a dissolute youth. Nowadays, I'm a purely defensive creature, notwithstanding my tendency to verbally offend other folks. I'm not responsible for what someone else chooses to be offended by - that is THEIR choice, and I believe thoroughly in allowing others to live their lives as they see fit, so long as they are not an actual threat to mine.

That philosophy coupled with the aforementioned fact that I can no longer play hard like I once could has necessitated the change to a purely defensive lifestyle. I can't take the fight to THEM, but if they want to bring it to ME, and create a threat to my way of living, then it's game on... I just have to play a defensive game is all. If they're no threat to me, I'm no threat to them.

It was somewhat comforting to see that flag marking a sniper hide. That means that there is at least someone around with the youth and vigor to make it up there to plant the flag, which is not something I can say of myself any more. Furthermore, the nature of the flag said, to me, "here a friendly has claimed his spot". Had it been a hammer-and-sickle flag, or a Che Guevara poster, then I might have reacted otherwise. I can't get up there myself, but I know how to make solid-rocket fuel from scratch and kitchen components if necessary. A little sugar and potassium chlorate can go a LONG way, so to speak.

BTW - 14. I saw 14 butterflies on that trip.

Also BTW - slicing through a larynx is NEVER a silent dispatch. There is the awfullest gurgling and hoarse wheezing, grunting, coughing you will ever hear attendant, and you will hear that noise the rest of your days. Not recommended.

Quote:Better yet, if the boisterous chaps from the wealthy suburbs do take a wander near your mountain, why not invite them
in for a cup of tea? Through jovial banter and a willingness to appreciate diverse views, I sure detente could be reached
and smiles will be the order of the day.
Remember, that back-field of yours can only accommodate so many unmarked mounds.
tinysurprised

I'm always open to talk and negotiation, but again they'd have to bring it to me, as I can't take it to them. I somehow think, however, that if they once entered my living room, they might be a bit reluctant to speak their minds, given the decor.

I think that might dampen the good-natured banter a bit. 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by guohua - 07-05-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by BIAD - 07-05-2019, 09:10 PM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by BIAD - 07-06-2019, 09:18 AM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by Ninurta - 07-06-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by BIAD - 07-06-2019, 09:02 PM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by BIAD - 07-06-2019, 09:44 PM
RE: The Corrupt MSM got Trumped Again - by guohua - 07-06-2019, 05:54 PM