Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mueller's Going Home Now.
(05-30-2019, 05:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: You know, I love a good dog-and-pony show as much as the next guy, but even I am growing weary with the antics and calisthenics of DC. I mean, these jackasses were hired to do a job, namely to pass legislation to benefit America (hence why they are called the "legislative branch"), and instead of going to work, they lie around all day doing nothing but bitch and moan that they lost an election! Get the hell over it and GET TO WORK!...

The impression I have and I'm not confused by the gate-keeping media, is that the majority of political servants
portray their profession/careers in the form of a public entertainment experience.

I can understand that the failing of the dumbed-down project from previous years may not have been mentally
absorbed by these aloof political parties and that they still believe most voters perceive members of Congress
and the Senate as TV celebrities.
Gravitas is no longer sexy.

But real politics is negotiation, attentive to weaknesses to use to further an agenda and understanding a political
view in order agree or counter. There are no foam-wrapped cudgels, skin-tight uniforms and over-the-top facial
features that are regular in a soap-opera.

A logical suggestion is just that, a thought-out idea that could be enhanced or reduced, but not ignored because
of the suggester. Currently, the political parties in the US or the UK seem to be playing to an audience instead of
engaging in governance.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Mueller's Going Home Now. - by BIAD - 05-29-2019, 09:27 PM
RE: Mueller's Going Home Now. - by Ninurta - 05-30-2019, 05:56 AM
RE: Mueller's Going Home Now. - by BIAD - 05-30-2019, 08:44 AM