Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Telstra outage allows criminals to go un-monitored for more than 24 hours
OmegaLogos: That's what comes of an over-reliance on technology. It WILL fail you just when you need it the most, which is the premise of Murphy's Law. For the same reason, I question the wisdom of the government deserting the use of iron sights on personal weapons in favor of battery - operated electronic sights. For full disclosure, I DO have a battery - operated red dot sight on my own rifle, BUT - I also have backup iron sights which are co-sighted with the red dot, so that when (not if) my battery goes dead, I won't go dead, too.

Why they would rely on electronics without a backup for felon monitoring I cannot comprehend. It must be a government thing, just like tech scopes without backups on government weapons.

BIAD: If I'm ever in danger of imprisonment, I'm going to move for a change of venue so I can get into a British jail... they sound nice, just like home!

Mystic Wanderer: I have to take your assessment with high value, considering your work history. Who would know better? minusculebeercheers 

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Telstra outage allows criminals to go un-monitored for more than 24 hours - by Ninurta - 11-06-2018, 06:30 PM