Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Companion Thread
Forrestal had a boat named after him by the Navy. Aircraft carrier, I think. I had a friend that was a sailor on it. Seems the USS Forrestal had a problem with staying not on fire. Charlie told me the squids informally call it "The USS Zippo".

The other situation has been sorted now, for the most part. At least I'm not on the warpath any more. Now I'm willing to just pop some popcorn and sit back to watch the fireworks unfold from other folks. We've got a snake-oil seller on site, and that's my favorite sort to screw around with!

The upside to that is that I ought to be able to devote a little time to writing now.  minusculebeercheers
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Companion Thread - by Ninurta - 09-25-2018, 10:41 PM