Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Story Thread
Most of the Ketta was coming away now and following the advice of the kid on the other side of the mineshaft, Boy In A Dress
dialed the pneumatic drill down to idle and watched the ore become the golden liquid it was known for.
The generator sitting at the mine entrance announced it had taken up the slack of the power needed to unearth the expensive
mineral by roaring louder than it's usual head-throbbing growl.

BIAD's shift was nearly over and to most of who worked out on this barren moon, they'd be happy to spend some time away
from the dirty tunnels of Barabas. But for the strange being with the hidden face, it would be just another day in another part
of his existence.

The shuffling machine known as 'Sniffer' trudged its way past Boy In A Dress and began sucking up the exposed Ketta that
was pooling on the shaft floor, the bare-legged Man-Girl tugged at his hem and waited for the youngster in the company's
dark uniform to continue his tale of woe.

As the same generator acknowledged that it would be proud to accept Mason's unused drilling power by roaring like a furious
dragon at the pit entrance, the kid breathed in deeply and wiped his brow. Finishing with it's task of relieving Boy In A Dress
of the material that altered it's composition when coming into contact with air, Sniffer carefully stepped over the red high-heeled
shoe and wandered towards Mason's output.

"Yeah, like I was saying..." continued the young man tucking the grey bandana back into his chest-pocket, "...after my family
sold all of it's rights to Parr-McClean, the wealth just dwindled away. By the time I was born, you'd have never have known
I could have been one of the richest people in the galaxy"

BIAD moved his chin to indicate that he understood and moving his long black hair from his right shoulder, pretended to be
interested in the drill's settings.

It was always the same, the need to covet for self-comfort. There'd been a time in the strange hermaphrodite's life when such
concerns had never invaded his environment and as the kid known as Mason carried on with his complaint of cruel fate, BIAD
recalled those days when he was proud to have the nearest-things he could called friends.

He's still alive -Boy In A Dress wagered and unseen by himself or the grumbling teenager gazing out at the light of the tunnel
entrance, BIAD's usual grin widened. Oh yes, a bad-tempered bastard like Ninurta would certainly still be alive.
Out there somewhere, the once- battle-hardened soldier of the Clan Wars was probably sitting on an old rocking-chair and gazing
out across a breeze-kissed wheatfield -and causing BIAD to stifle a chuckle, he reckoned he'd be trying to smile too.

"...For if I'd just got to put it all on 37, you'd be looking at a billionaire right now" Mason informed his assumed-engrossed audience
of one.
BIAD nodded and offered a 'well, that's unlucky' shrug, the kid twisted his mouth to show -he too, felt that his destiny had took a
wrong turn. The Sniffer didn't respond to the miner who had ended-up working for the same company that had allegedly taken his
imagined fortune.

The Exit light flickered on and gave it's usual two beeps, a sign that told the pair that their shift was finished. Boy In A Dress waited
for Mason to scramble in front of him as the dirt-smeared employee of Parr-McClean never wore undergarments and it had been a
problem in recent weeks.

Following the kid towards the noisy generator, BIAD's mind demanded that his memories of the grizzled Gunslinger-come-universe
saviour were revisited. But the surroundings invaded the serenity needed for such attentive journey.

Pretending that he had eyes that would squint from the glare of the arc-lights, the Man-Girl waved a red-nailed hand of see-you-later
to the young bullshitter and aimed his scarlet high-heels towards the single room that was his quarters.

The high dome that protected the facility reflected the site's illumination and for a moment, a fleeting memory of a large reptile
stalking it's prey in a cavern fluttered by and BIAD's attention failed to grab it. But what small amounts of wisdom he had gathered
of his existence, it told him there was a connection with why he was reminiscing and what lay ahead in the future.

Opening the dirt-smeared door of his room, BIAD went back to his memories and ignored the klaxon that reported incoming craft.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Continuing Adventures of Rack and Ruin - Story Thread - by BIAD - 08-27-2018, 10:26 AM