Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jacksonville Landing Shooting.
Quote:Jacksonville: police report 'multiple fatalities' in Florida mass shooting.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4380]

'Police reported “multiple fatalities’ in a mass shooting in Jacksonville, Florida on Sunday.
One suspect was dead at the scene, the local sheriff’s office said, adding that it did not know if
there was a second suspect and officers were “finding many people hiding in locked areas”.

The shooting reportedly took place at an online gaming tournament.

In a Facebook post datelined Jacksonville, Ryen Aleman, of Robstown, Texas, posted: “Don’t wish
anyone on this –the scariest moment of my life. Just thank God I made it out of there safe.
Prayers for everyone that is out there right now.”

His post carried widely circulated video and audio of what appeared to be a shooting interrupting
a game of Madden NFL 19 football. Speaking to CNN, Aleman said: “Everyone ducked down.
I got down and crawled to the bathroom.” He added: “I heard so many gunshots, 20 at least.
I’m so shocked I can hardly talk.”

“Mass shooting at the Jacksonville Landing,” the Jacksonville sheriff’s office said earlier, on Twitter.
“Stay far away from the area. The area is not safe at this time. STAY AWAY.” The warning was for
media too, the sheriff’s office said, adding: “It is for safety.”

The police then said: “Multiple fatalities at the scene, many transported. One suspect is dead at the
scene, unknown at this time if we have a second suspect. Searches are being conducted.”
A further tweet said: “We are finding many people hiding in locked areas at the Landing.

We ask you to stay calm, stay where you are hiding. Swat is doing a methodical search inside the
Landing. We will get to you. Please don’t come running out. “If you are hiding in the Landing, call 911
so we can get to you.”

The Jacksonville Landing area contains restaurants and shops and is situated along the St Johns river.
A notice on the website of EA Sports stated: “This weekend, the first of four Madden NFL 19 Classic
qualifier events will take place at the GLHF game bar in Jacksonville, Florida.”

An eSports team, comPlexity Gaming, said on Twitter it was not an organiser of the event in Jacksonville
but one of its players “was grazed in the hand” and was “away from the scene and safe”.

Speaking to CNN, Aleman described the venue as being at the back of a pizza restaurant.
He described the use of a laser-aimed gun and said he thought two men came into the venue through
the restaurant.

“They went to the back and they just started shooting everyone, and people were just dropping,” he said.

Aleman said he saw at least six people on the floor who had been shot, and that there were 40 to 50
people in the venue, “just running around everywhere”. After he had been hiding in a locked bathroom for
about 10 minutes, he said, the shooting stopped: “Everyone was crying. I hear people yelling ‘Help me,
I’m shot’.
I peeked out because I didn’t know if the gunman was still around. I was scared for my life.”

Vic Micolucci, a reporter for local station WJXT, told CNN there were at least 11 victims, of whom four were
understood to be dead. In Virginia, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Donald Trump
had been briefed on events in Florida...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Jacksonville Landing Shooting. - by BIAD - 08-26-2018, 09:23 PM
RE: Jacksonville Landing Shooting. - by guohua - 08-26-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Jacksonville Landing Shooting. - by senona - 08-27-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: Jacksonville Landing Shooting. - by guohua - 08-27-2018, 11:35 PM
RE: Jacksonville Landing Shooting. - by senona - 08-28-2018, 01:38 AM