Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters
(03-06-2020, 07:44 AM)guohua Wrote: Bump, Bump, @"gordi" thread.

Ft. Lewis is near Tenino, WA. The military used to issue the "Tenino" map sheet to accompany it's Map Reading course. I still have mine that I got from Fort Benning with some other Ranger training materials in 1981 or so. It would have been interesting if they had been able to give the grids for the sightings so they could all be plotted to see if there is a pattern.

ETA: @"Guohua" - I want to thank you for that post for a reason entirely unrelated to Bigfoot. It reminded me of that shipment I got so many years ago from Ft. Benning. I had a certain status that, while not military, allowed me to requisition training materials for certain outings. I sent a requisition in to the Ranger School at Ft. Benning with just a whole list of materials I thought I might need for a trip to Afghanistan, and among those materials was "ST 21-75-3, Dismounted Patrolling" from the Ranger School. 

That is probably THE single best manual for snoopin' and poopin' in the woods when there are opposition folks about with mayhem in mind that I've ever encountered. It lays out the structure for all manner of belligerent actions (ambushes, raids, recon, etc) to ensure that you come out on top. Over time, I lost it during one move or another. I still have stuff from that same shipment such as the Tenino map, the map reading course, the "Ranger Handbook" 1981 edition, "IAQ-13-U-78, Soviet Army Operations", "ST 7-550-2 Organization and Equipment of the Soviet Army", etc, but somewhere along the line that most crucial manual got mislaid. Over the years I've sought a replacement for it, and was never successful, since it's out of print. However, that post of yours, and the recollection brought on by the map prompted me to search again, and this time I FOUND it in a PDF, which I have now downloaded, making my collection complete once again. THANK YOU!

Given the current state of affairs in Virginia, and the fact that guerrilla action/ Ranger-type action may still be required before it is resolved satisfactorily, this find is "serendipitous" for lack of a better word.

I highly recommend it for folks who may ever need such things, and it may be found here for future reference.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 01-26-2019, 03:21 PM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Wallfire - 01-26-2019, 03:46 PM
RE: Military Veterans Talk about Bigfoot Encounters - by Ninurta - 03-06-2020, 11:26 PM