Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Think Twice Before Sending in Your DNA
(06-04-2018, 05:18 PM)guohua Wrote: @"Ninurta"  That is Interesting. 
Thank You.

Well, my post may have been a bit hyperbolic and embellished, but not by much. The ancient DNA actually is present, in a fairly large quantity, and I do have longer telomeres than the average person indicating a propensity to outlive my usefulness by several years, but that runs in the family. One of my ancestors lived to 109, and was interviewed in a report in an 1836 edition of the Southern Literary Messenger while on a 125 mile trip, on foot, at the age of 93. At that time his oldest child was 67, his youngest just over a year old. Folks in my family just tend to keep going and going, like the Eveready Bunny, long after our usefulness is gone.

That's genetic, I suppose, and now I have scientific evidence of it. I have no idea what the 4 day delay was really about - I wasn't privy to the actual discussions around it.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Think Twice Before Sending in Your DNA - by Ninurta - 06-05-2018, 12:22 AM