Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders.
(05-05-2021, 11:21 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The gent at lower left, and the one at bottom center, are not the same at the other four faces. The other four are indeed the same man, but entirely different from those two. The face is rounder than the hatted men, the eyebrows different, the nose is more blunt at it's extremity and wider across the nares. Also the beard pattern is different. Mr. Smith's beard climbs higher on the cheeks, but the real tell is the beard-line below his lower lip. That area on Erwin and the lower left Hat Man are both more similar to my own. There is a natural "soul patch", with bald areas to either side of it. In Mr. Smith, the beard line uniformly reaches his lower lip, all across the lower lip. No bald patches.

I'm not convinced that both Hat Men are the same individual, either. Erwin has a rounder face, and a more blunt nose than the other Hat Man, but in support of the notion, their cheek bones are night indistinguishable.

Yeah, I should've set out the images better. The bottom two you mentioned were comparisons, the contemporary Erwin in the middle
and an alleged earlier version of him at the bottom left. I do see what you mean about the differences.

I believe the mix-up with the person called Robert Smith of the Busty Kelp CGI company and the deceased chap  (Michael Paul Smith)
from Massachusetts is due to Michael Paul Smith looking a bit like Erwin and a creator named Paul Smith of -supposedly, Busty Kelp.

The Busty Kelp website is down for renovations at the moment, but a quote from there states:
"Work. Various examples of directing work. An Award-Winning Title sequence for BBC's 'Match of the Day' directed
and animated by Paul Smith at Busty Kelp."

However, there is another Paul Smith who also deals with animation, a Director and Co-Founder of a company called CGEye Ltd
It could well be that these names and the CGI aspect have just become all jumbled-up! This -of course, doesn't help the mystery.

Maybe it's just easier to accept Erwin Saunders and his young compatriot as Pixie-hunters along with their quarry as all real.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-22-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-23-2018, 12:36 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 03-30-2018, 03:04 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 04-10-2018, 05:23 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-02-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-03-2019, 09:07 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-05-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 07-22-2019, 02:06 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 08-14-2019, 12:39 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by Wallfire - 09-07-2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Pixie Investigation With Mr. Erwin Saunders. - by BIAD - 05-06-2021, 08:43 AM