Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
There Really Is A Flat Earth Society
Of course the Earth is flat. I've been all over it, but have never fallen off. If it were spherical, of course you'd fall off once you reached a certain angle on the surface! I mean, I've fallen down mountain sides when they got too steep, y'know?

Now, that business of hurtling upward at 32 ft/s^2 is scientifically impossible, though. The Earth would surpass the speed of light at that acceleration in 8357.925 hours. that's 355.75 days, less than one year. the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. We'd be flying through space at 4.62 billion times the speed of light by now, but you can't go faster than the speed of light - my physics professor said so! There's probably not enough universe to allow traveling far enough to reach that speed at that acceleration, anyhow. I tried to calculate the distance it would take, but my computer blew a raspberry at me when I tried, then it cried and threatened to go get drunk, then it threw up without drinking and passed out.

For Wallfire, the reason you can see further when you get higher up is the same reason that when I get drunk and fall down in the floor I can only see to my bedpost, but when I stagger to my feet I can see all the way to the doorway - even if I can't walk that far at that particular time. My floor certainly isn't spherical (although in those moments it seems to be) - those waves in it are purely for aesthetic purposes, but they don't make it round like a ball... they just make it hard to traverse.

My logical conclusion from the above is that anyone who thinks the world is round has simply been drinking too much!

ETA: I probably shouldn't joke like that. I'm sure there is some poor soul somewhere who's scratching their head and saying "That Ninurta guy really thinks the world is flat! Watta maroon!" I just can't help myself, though. it's probably a sickness, this joking thing...
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by guohua - 02-21-2018, 04:35 AM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 02-21-2018, 03:43 PM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 02-21-2018, 03:45 PM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 02-21-2018, 03:48 PM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Ninurta - 02-23-2018, 07:46 AM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 12-23-2018, 05:45 PM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Sol - 07-17-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 07-18-2020, 10:26 AM
RE: There Really Is A Flat Earth Society - by Wallfire - 07-18-2020, 10:30 AM