Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines
I suppose I'm really in neither camp here. As happens so many times in life, I reckon I've got a funny way of seeing things, different from just about everyone else.

I think the world ends every single day - for someone. Every bird, every rock, every tree, every flower and every person ceases to exist for that person when the end of time comes for them. Is that when "Jesus comes in the clouds"? I dunno. I ain't got there yet, but it seems logical to me. Might not be, though. We won't know until the end of time comes for each of us.

I also think that walking around waiting for Jesus to pop through the clouds with a conquering army is an utter waste of time better spent on other things. Whether he does or not, the time spent waiting for it is wasted time. See, if I'm walking along, looking up into the sky for that cloudburst to come, and get hit by a bus crossing the street while I'm looking up, the end of time just came for me, and I was out to lunch and got blindsided. Missed the Rapture altogether while looking for it.

I believe that living each day for the day, as if it were your last (because one of them WILL be, some day), and being right with God NOW is a lot better than waiting on the magnum opus of the deity - waiting for it is a waste of the time you could have spent enjoying it NOW.

Waiting for God to come save us? Look around you. If you don't already see It, your focus is in the wrong place, and you never will.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-17-2017, 01:43 PM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-23-2017, 11:11 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Ninurta - 12-24-2017, 04:51 AM
RE: yesterdays prophecies / todays headlines - by Wallfire - 12-25-2017, 10:49 AM