Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Myanmar Problem.
(09-18-2017, 04:25 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-17-2017, 03:58 PM)727Sky Wrote: There are
no easy answers to any of this stuff but I would say some versions of Islam can not coexist with any other society or religion if history is read. Playing nice does not seem to work though.  

I would say NO versions of Islam can coexist with any other society or religion. I don't say that lightly - I was a Muslim for a period of time, I have Muslim friends even to this day, and I married a Muslim. I'm not really a stranger to Islam, and from my perspective, NO version of Islam will ever be able to get along well with others.

The problem, from my point of view, is that the Wahabbis and allied factions are right - their "version" of Islam is the REAL, authentic Islam. It will always keep cropping up again and again until Islam is eradicated, simply because it is the ONLY version of Islam that can be supported by the Qur'an. That book preaches war, bloody war, until all other religions are eradicated. It's codified in their own texts, and cannot be purged from them or explained away. For that very reason, even if the current "fundamentalist" Islam were eradicated, the seed would remain for it to spring up again and again among the "moderate" Islamic population.

Radical Islam will not be gone until ALL Islam is gone. That fact makes me sad, but it is a fact nonetheless, and there is no way to escape it. Only being pragmatic will allow survival of "not-Islam" in the world, no matter what version of "not Islam" we are speaking of.

Quote:I wish the whole world could live in peace and brotherly love...BUT.... It would appear wishes have as much value as a very small cloud far away when the temps are 43C and no shade in sight.

That would be nice, but it ain't gonna happen. We have a saying around here - "Wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up first".

Islam preaches the annihilation of everything "not Islam". There is no negotiating with that mindset. Sadly, the only response to it is to fight back and eradicate IT - one or the other of us will have to go, because Islam cannot and will not get along with "not Islam." Folks will gasp and accuse me of being genocidal, and that may be... but the only response to planned and codified genocide is the genocide of the offending party. Ain't no way around that when the offenders refuse to get along with anyone else and stop killing them. Eventually, you have to kill them right back in order to stop them... or be killed yourself, right along with everything and everyone you've ever known and loved.

This is truly an "us or them" situation, and there aren't really that many of those that exist.

God help us, because Allah sure as hell ain't going to - I hear he's all for the opposition.

I am glad you are not politically correct for I agree with everything you said.. Over here they could put a bounty on them and destroy every Mosque and I would not shed a tear... AND I JOKE NOT....

Messages In This Thread
The Myanmar Problem. - by BIAD - 09-17-2017, 10:39 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Daitengu - 09-17-2017, 10:53 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by BIAD - 09-17-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Daitengu - 09-17-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Wallfire - 09-17-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Ninurta - 09-18-2017, 04:01 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Mystic Wanderer - 09-17-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by 727Sky - 09-17-2017, 03:58 PM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by Ninurta - 09-18-2017, 04:25 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by 727Sky - 09-18-2017, 10:33 AM
RE: The Myanmar Problem. - by 727Sky - 09-17-2017, 04:12 PM