Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LOOK! Huge Underground Base Entrances Found On Mars In Google Earth
(05-28-2016, 08:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 05:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(05-28-2016, 05:21 PM)Ninurta Wrote: What sort of program are you looking for? If I don't already have it, I may be able to get it.

If you're talking to me, I just want something that will allow me to zoom in and see for myself without the program taking up so much memory that it slows down my computer.   I use to have one, but had to delete it for that reason.

Yup, I'm talking to you! You mentioned "someone who has the programs" or something like that.

Google Earth will zoom in on it until you get light headed and nauseous. it has the options for Mars and the Moon built in to it - you just switch from Earth to one of them. Other programs may be more difficult, not because of the program, but because of the difficulty of getting the images used in Google Earth outside Google Earth. Screen caps won't do it, because they are copies of copies, and are set to whatever zoom factor you are using when you take the screen cap.

If you can manage to snag the original images, maybe from the Nasa web site(s), then there is a lightweight program called "IrfanView" that will zoom in as tight as you please... and the program is free, too. I personally use it for nearly all of my image work except the most demanding and intricate. it's good for lightweight stuff like zooming, cropping, color/contrast adjustment, converting files from one format to another, etc. and has batch conversion and renaming capabilities

IrfanView

Thank you.  I appreciate that information.   :biggrin:

Messages In This Thread
RE: LOOK! Huge Underground Base Entrances Found On Mars In Google Earth - by Mystic Wanderer - 05-28-2016, 08:16 PM