Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Ever Earth-Orbit Teleportation Completed.
I'll not get into the metaphysical aspects of the discussion, since no one is going to shake what I believe, and I expect i'd not shake what anyone else believes. You all probably have your reasons to believe the way you do, same as I do. It would turn into a running battle without a conclusion.

On the physics side of things, however, this is exciting news. It's a baby-step, to be sure, but a step in the right direction for the transfer of information. Imagine being able to send an unmanned probe to a star system 40 light years away, and being able to get the data instantaneously rather than having to wait the 40 odd years for a radio signal to cross the black of space to get here!

There are still problems to be surmounted in this scenario, such as having to wait an interminable length of time for the physical contraption to get there, but once there, the vistas we could unlock instantly are staggering. Another potential problem would be HOW to entagle particles across such vast distances... but, if that can be solved, then there is the possibility that sending a physical device could prove unnecessary. Imagine a process of being able to manipulate the quantum foam in such a way as to instantaneously transmit information WITHOUT having to wait for the arrival of a physical gizmo! The information we could gain would be invaluable in sending out migration arks, knowing where to send them for best effect, so that the human race could have a fighting chance of living on when Gaia rebelled against the Liberals and sends all the animals on earth to eat all the humans to cleanse the planet of our lunacy!
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Ever Earth-Orbit Teleportation Completed. - by Ninurta - 07-13-2017, 05:16 PM