Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Age-reversing Pill Will Begin Human Trials in Six Months
(05-01-2017, 09:00 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: ...What is Calico doing and why are they insistent on keeping it so secret?

Well, since not many really know what causes age and why it happens, I would initially suggest
Calico is starting from scratch. This may explain their hesitance in announcing how far along the
road they are at finding 'the fountain of youth'

'...There are reasons to think aging can be slowed in fundamental ways.
Among Calico’s first hires was Cynthia Kenyon, now its vice president of aging research,
who 20 years ago showed that altering a single DNA letter in a laboratory roundworm
made it live six weeks instead of three.

There is something hair-raising about Kenyon’s videos of old, should-be-dead worms
wriggling vigorously across a petri dish...'
SOURCE:

However, since many wealthy people have also donated to the company, I'd be more inclined
to think that if they do discover a way of slowing age down, it'll be for the uber-folk and not
you and I.

You got to think on the level of effects on business markets, multi-million dollar manufacturing
companies that sell their crap to those who wish to look young and whether making mankind
almost immortal is a good idea.

Maybe it's better just to keep it behind the curtain and only sell it to those who deserve it...
The elite.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. -Orwell.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Age-reversing Pill Will Begin Human Trials in Six Months - by BIAD - 05-01-2017, 09:21 PM