Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A second Amendment discussion in way You have never heard before
It has continually been brought to attention that there is a clear and unprecedented assault on the constitution of the United States..

I could easily argue It was the  ______________________  Party

(you may choose Democrat or Republican)

It seems of recent bent that one group is whining that another group has taken away what is THEIRS by right!

And on and on and on.. ad infinity..

And it has become apparent that the Present LOSERS learned NOTHING from their losses.. They insist they are right and still do not engage in conversation

As the title promised this is a conversation over the second amendment.

What if I told you their was a very similar issue that was lost, and most of those whining are VERY familiar with.

You see Gun control will NOT work and the promises made will NOT work.
I can prove it with history.. I can effectively Rely on Wikipedia because every example you bring up will be more reliable and just add to my point.

War On Drugs

Quote:"The War on Drugs" is an American term[6][7] usually applied to the United States government's campaign of prohibition of drugsmilitary aid, and military intervention, with the stated aim being to reduce the illegal drug trade.[8][9] This initiative includes a set of drug policies that are intended to discourage the production, distribution, and consumption of psychoactive drugs that the participating governments and the UN have made illegal. The term was popularized by the media shortly after a press conference given on June 18, 1971, by United StatesPresident Richard Nixon—the day after publication of a special message from President Nixon to the Congress on Drug Abuse Prevention and Control—during which he declared drug abuse "public enemy number one". That message to the Congress included text about devoting more federal resources to the "prevention of new addicts, and the rehabilitation of those who are addicted", but that part did not receive the same public attention as the term "war on drugs".[10][11][12] However, two years prior to this, Nixon had formally declared a "war on drugs" that would be directed toward eradication, interdiction, and incarceration.[13] Today, the Drug Policy Alliance, which advocates for an end to the War on Drugs, estimates that the United States spends $51 billion annually on these initiatives.[14]

On May 13, 2009, Gil Kerlikowske—the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)—signaled that the Obama administration did not plan to significantly alter drug enforcement policy, but also that the administration would not use the term "War on Drugs", because Kerlikowske considers the term to be "counter-productive".[15] ONDCP's view is that "drug addiction is a disease that can be successfully prevented and treated... making drugs more available will make it harder to keep our communities healthy and safe".[16] One of the alternatives that Kerlikowske has showcased is the drug policy of Sweden, which seeks to balance public health concerns with opposition to drug legalization. The prevalence rates for cocaine use in Sweden are barely one-fifth of those in Spain, the biggest consumer of the drug.[17]

In June 2011, the Global Commission on Drug Policy released a critical report on the War on Drugs, declaring: "The global war on drugs has failed, with devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world. Fifty years after the initiation of the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs, and years after President Nixon launched the US government's war on drugs, fundamental reforms in national and global drug control policies are urgently needed."[18] The report was criticized by organizations that oppose a general legalization of drugs.[16]

So lets say the 2nd Amendment get banned
Gun ownership is prohibited

Comparing the two items I can only assume this

The government is unable to provide anyway to stop gun violence
The government is unable to provide anyway to stop drug violence

This is what will happen if guns are banned

You will have guns on the streets
Guns will still be sold
Guns will still be used

From history's lessons it is clear that banning guns will only result in
1)a booming black market industry will occur, with new al capones and kennedy's
2)state cost will rise in Welfare, Prisons, military, DoHS, and Child Protective Services issues
3)murders will not go down, but will in fact go up

I point to the war on drugs and prohibition as the proof

So what happens with a Gun Ban

Economics takes over..

Messages In This Thread
A second Amendment discussion in way You have never heard before - by Armonica_Templar - 02-23-2017, 04:04 AM