Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Aw For Heaven's sake... Not Another Rally?!!
Just as an add-on in regards of the theatrical narcissistic people who see protest rallies
as a place to flaunt their freetime and 'woe-is-me' acting abilities, here's a link to a blog
on The Guardian website that promoted the protest march to the US embassy about the
travel-ban.
The Guardian:

It seems more and more that people are willing to get on stage, recite a poem or announce
a story that tells the listeners of a terrible injustice that involves an aeroplane flight.

It would be an obvious cheap-shot to say that if you can afford a ticket to fly, then 'poverty'
or 'ordeal' shouldn't really be words to use when you're orating the terrible treatment being
doled out in certain countries.

Granted, there are those who abuse a war-torn environment and make funds available to
those fleeing the strife, but it usually comes at high cost and again, it's available at a level
usually not conducive with real poverty.

I'm not being heartless, sadly there are many genuine cases of families wanting to survive
by leaving their homelands. I cannot imagine what it's like to do this and I wish I knew the
answer to make it go away.

But I would suggest that these sort of protests would send a better message if the people
involved in the 'movement' travelled to these countries and performed them there.
Maybe the 'evil' people making these places a nightmare will listen and learn... maybe they
will stop doing what they're doing.

The refugees could then return to their homelands and those with voices for peace would
see that they can make a difference, that the call of the many will be heard.
That way, travel-bans against potential troublemakers wouldn't be needed anymore and
the negative treatment of females might also alter in these places.

But this sort of protest isn't for those families really, it's a self-salving function for those who
feel guilty it's happening and feel helpless to do anything about it.
Today's manner is to demand someone else do something about it.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aw For Heaven's sake... Not Another Rally?!! - by BIAD - 02-05-2017, 11:53 AM