Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump pledges to forgo his presidential salary during his time in the White House
[Image: d5125c82e48e45d491320ff66999934c.png]

Wow, how cool is that?!
Only taking a $1 salary.

He stated as much during his interview with Lesley Stahl on "60 Minutes".

Quote:President-elect Donald Trump says he will only accept $1 for his salary as president.

Trump made the comments during a sit-down interview with CBS “60 Minutes,” which aired in full Sunday evening. During the interview, the president-elect even admitted that he doesn’t even know what the president’s salary is.

“I’ve never commented on this, but the answer is ‘no,'” Trump said when asked by host Lesley Stahl whether or not he’ll accept the presidential salary.

“I think I have to by law take $1, so I’ll take $1 a year,” he added. “But it’s a — I don’t even know what it is. Do you know what the salary is?”

Stahl informed Trump that the current presidential salary is set at an annual rate of $400,000.

“No, I’m not going to take the salary. I’m not taking it,” Trump reiterated.

Source

Huh, well that is different indeed.

If Trump were to forgo the presidential salary, he would be only the third president in history to do so. Presidents Herbert Hoover and John F. Kennedy declined to accept their presidential salaries, instead donating it to charity.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
Trump pledges to forgo his presidential salary during his time in the White House - by senona - 11-14-2016, 05:35 AM