Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isn't it time we all snapped out of it...
(11-15-2016, 02:11 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(11-15-2016, 01:35 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 05:44 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Walking back on Obamacare, ...

Wait.... WHAT? Can you elaborate? I know I've been pretty busy with other things the past few days, but if he's reneging on his promise there, then I'm gonna have a problem with him right out of the gate.

Now, just to make my position clear, I couldn't give less of a crap WHAT they do with Obamacare, just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional " Individual Mandate". Don't care if they gut it, keep it, or scrap it and replace it with something else - just as long as citizens of an allegedly Free nation are not forced to participate, I'm ok with whatever they do with it or to it beyond that.

SO - if he's now "walking back" on it (just a polite euphemism for reneging on a promise), then I want to know just HOW he is breaking his word.

From what I've seen, he is only "walking back" on a few things.  He said he would look it over and keep the best things about it.  Like, allowing "children" to remain on their parents policy until age 26, and allowing those who want to keep it to do so. He is not going to force anyone to take something they don't want.

I agree. And hopefully Obamacare gets turned into something that actually works. We certainly needed something, healthcare cost has been rising for decades now and we can't sustain that. There are many things I like about the reform (after actually reading it, unlike congress...) and we need to start over with malpractice insurance. I've heard stories about people setting up clinics and they pay upwards of 70% of their income towards malpractice insurance. Eh, not an expert but when an MRI cost me 5,000 dollars and the doc says it's because 3500 of that will go towards his premium, it's kind of hard to argue. 3500 towards the malpractice insurance premium, 350 towards the capital expense to buy the machine, 1000 towards the overhead, and 150 for him.  tinywhat tinysure tinysure

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isn't it time we all snapped out of it... - by DuckforcoveR - 11-15-2016, 02:34 AM