Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Isn't it time we all snapped out of it...
(11-15-2016, 01:35 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-13-2016, 05:44 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Walking back on Obamacare, ...

Wait.... WHAT? Can you elaborate? I know I've been pretty busy with other things the past few days, but if he's reneging on his promise there, then I'm gonna have a problem with him right out of the gate.

Now, just to make my position clear, I couldn't give less of a crap WHAT they do with Obamacare, just as long as they get rid of that unconstitutional " Individual Mandate". Don't care if they gut it, keep it, or scrap it and replace it with something else - just as long as citizens of an allegedly Free nation are not forced to participate, I'm ok with whatever they do with it or to it beyond that.

SO - if he's now "walking back" on it (just a polite euphemism for reneging on a promise), then I want to know just HOW he is breaking his word.

It's hard to say at the moment. Maybe he's just showing his "calm and collected" side now that the office truly smacked him in the face. Maybe he's just playing nice? Who knows. But it seems (at the least) anything that replaces OC should include two very popular provisions of OC. 

Obamacare Lives?

Again, it's too early to tell if this is a tried and true "flip flop" but I think the severity of this office really hit him hard. I also think he knows how to play nice and when to play nice (see his visit to Mexico...and the subsequent press conferences that followed lol). So again, who knows. But he certainly lost the fire-brand "burn it down" talk that he had during the campaign (which was to be expected with most of his policy positions). 

Hell, I read earlier that his transition team spent almost 2 weeks before the election sitting at computers "networking and looking for post-campaign work". They clearly didn't see this coming, and that's why CC got demoted. Trump met Obama's team and went "wait, what the hell have you been doing this entire time?!" Because clearly, they were planning for a quick job change, not the presidency.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Isn't it time we all snapped out of it... - by DuckforcoveR - 11-15-2016, 01:58 AM