Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WikiLeaks Bombshell: ‘There Is No US Election’
To fully comprehend the vastness of the so-called corruption of a country's politics,
I think we have to accept that many of us are susceptible to being tempted with the
things we want the most.

I won't dwell on those weaknesses, but the guilt of someone else knowing you did
something and then doing something at the behest of that person who knew, can even
result in taking one's life rather than face responsibility for one's actions.

But to stifle that guilt, we can convince ourselves that since everyone else is doing it
in a smaller or larger way, then the 'sin' is evenly shared and so we use words like
'realistic, pragmatic' and 'practical' when dealing with the guilt.

To the average person in the street, these words have only recently become synonymous
with the culprits caught performing these acts of corruption in government, when in fact,
bribes, redundant junkets and placements on useless quangos are seen as just mere
currency in the halls of statecraft.

Many politicians don't agree with the masses that these 'perks' are negative, they see them
as grease to make the wheels of diplomacy and legislation-making work better.

Again, the artful use of 'adult' and conscientious words comes into play to explain to the
naive populace that it-is-the-way-it-is because global politics has always been performed
in this manner and a country wishing to interact must accept the ground rules.

To the same populace, it's called bullshit.
But... would you use the same currency...? Would you accept the temptations to better
one's family and yourself? That's the question -and when answered seriously, most would
nod their heads and feel ashamed.

If we accept that the above is a fair -and maybe a gullible view on the way politicians
operate in today's governments, then the initial idea that all of this may be organised in
some way fades slightly as we can suggest that it seems more like it's 'every man for
himself'!

Maybe in a fashion, it is. But if the majority of politicians do behave this way and turn the
other cheek for a better place at the trough, then surely there's some-sort of agreed method
that allows this to continue and those who don't wish to sell themselves and their beliefs must
admit that they-too are part of this framework due to their silence in the matter?

So what can one do about it? There's more people in the represented group than in the bunch
that represents them. Is modern-day politics just another place to get well paid for doing very
little...?
Or is a deceitfully-constrained circus that stumbles through it's journey to hopefully bring a better
life for those who chose it's participants?

Personally, I always reach for Quint's comment in the movie 'Jaws'
"I'll never wear a life-jacket again"!!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WikiLeaks Bombshell: ‘There Is No US Election’ - by BIAD - 10-23-2016, 12:06 PM