Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emory looking to establish regular POC-only social events
Kind of reminds me of an occurrence in the early 90's. I was studying physics at the University of North Carolina. I was already in my 30's, and going to school on an Indian scholarship ("Native American" was in vogue even then, which I also rebelled against). So Jessee Jackson's "Rainbow Coalition" got my name from that scholarship, and sent me several invites to join the "Rainbow Coalition" as a "person of color". after the third invite, I wrote back and told them to fuck off because every person on Earth was a "person of color" - white is a color, too - and I had absolutely no intention of joining one gang of colors against another gang of colors. I prefer not to base my associations on skin color, and they were clearly doing just that.

Regarding the "Native American" bullshit, Graham Greene said it best I believe. He said that "Native American" is an insult. Every single person born here, regardless of skin color, is a native of America, a "Native American". Using that term to apply to Indians is an insult, just another white guy attempt to force Indians into white society, just like the "Indian schools" of long ago, that kidnapped Indian kids from the res, forced them into white run schools, to wear white guy clothes, and punished them for speaking their own language in an effort to force their integration into white society... and incidentally get out of paying treaty obligations by abolishing the tribes and retaking the reservation lands.

Piss on all of these color clubs. they're just the KKK wearing different gang colors.

Bastards.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emory looking to establish regular POC-only social events - by Ninurta - 10-22-2016, 08:18 AM