Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why not shut everything down every year during Flu season ?
(04-24-2020, 07:16 AM)727Sky Wrote: ...With people being arrested for paddle boarding or going to a play ground with their kids due to some governors blanket
statement I think he/she made a good point.

It is a good point and in fact, a view that many would assume would be the default position when looking at today's situation.
This is a 'PLANdemic' -make no mistake and the lazy media have made it obvious with their one-side delivery of news.
But I can understand the natural evolution of what most of us are going through right now.

The alleged voices of authority speak and the majority of the world listens and believes. We perceive everyone around us as we
perceive ourselves, with an attempt to be honest and with the best intentions at heart. So we follow the advice, we remain indoors
and hope the foul devil-disease passes our door in the night. We gather our loved-ones together and wait.

Then we get bored. We listen and watch the numbers of deaths roll in, the people in suits warning us that the world is under attack
from something with a strange name. We overhear conspiratorial whispers of the disease being manufactured with evil intent and
the legacy-media chortle and tell us otherwise..

That indoctrination of consumerism starts to itch and the media tell you that your country is beginning to falter with finance. You're
out of work and the small set-aside monies are dwindling. We ignore the warnings and the same media that has been goading you
with scare-tacits of empty shelves and those in higher status than yourself are flouting the rules, report it when you go outside and
do your shopping.

Private retail companies make you stand apart, they wash down your shopping trolley after you use it and you feel dirty. You feel that
you're really doing wrong, but needs-must and your family comes first. Thousands of people are dying, the TV shows heart-broken
people on your screen every evening and your guilt increases. You're part of the problem if you're not following the rules.
But you can't help it, you need to be bad for what you believe is a greater good.

Then there's that stupid small voice in your head telling you this is all wrong, it doesn't make sense. How can the same television
screen offer you discount on a new kitchen and at the same time tell you the planet is clearing itself of the human species?

If this is the Armageddon the poe-faced news presenters portray from their well-lit studios, why are they still gaily advertising washing
-machine cleaner and can watch Journalists walk solemnly down empty high-streets telling me how contagious this flu actually is?
Are these people immune to the horrible virus...? Is this like when CNN's Chris Cuomo told us it was illegal to read the Wiki-Leaks,
but it was different for Journalists?

But those in authority don't seem to have that problem of doubt, they confidently state the daily statistics of infection and demise.
With serious tones, they purvey news of the devastation out there and the piles of disease-riddled bodies being carted out of hospitals
and old-folks homes.

Tear-smudged celebrities tell you how sorry they feel for you and how they understand what you're going through.
If you only hadn't been a deplorable, you could then appreciate the burden of sorrow these people in Hollywood are dealing with on
your behalf.
Damn it, you should be a better person and be like them.

That voice in your head is louder now. It laughs at your naivety, your built-in belief that people just don't lie for no reason, this coronavirus
pandemic must be real. You scour the internet and discover the global cost of life is far-lower than what other annual rates of death are.
You juggle with the rationale that if this influenza-virus is a disease that comes every year, it means that the rest of you and your family's
lives will have to be radically stunted, the days of walking together in a park or meadow because you wanted to, will never happen again.

Oh God... this is terrible, but my local Supermarket is open.  Oh my, it's really awful, but I can watch Netflix.... Oh please, I just want it to
go back to the way it was.

(Inner Voice) "Which way...? The way it was before Trump came along and you ticked the 'Leave'-box on your 
Brexit vote?"

(Me) "It's just so confusing, the Government on the television are telling me one-thing and yet, the information
is so mixed-up and I don't know what to do"

(Inner Voice) "Here's an idea, turn the fucking television off and start listening to yourself for a change"

(Me) "But what if I'm wrong?"

(Inner Voice) "Join the club honey, we had jackets made. What do you think your ancestors did before that box
in the corner was invented? Now... place your hands down between your legs, feel them...? They're called balls.
Congratulations, you've just grown a pair and now you can officially use the expression 'self-responsibility'.
Look it up on Google, you'll have to almost fully spell it out, mind. Google doesn't like you looking it up."

(Me) "Thank you"

(Inner Voice) "Stop being so soft and thanking me. Now get to work being self-reliant and get rid of that box of
bullshit-trickery.
You've got a family to think of, in the old days, we used to call it 'duty'.
By the way, don't look up the word 'family' on Google either, those guys don't like that  unity-stuff"

(Me) "Thank you"

(Inner Voice) "Shut the fuck-up and get to work".
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why not shut everything down every year during Flu season ? - by BIAD - 04-24-2020, 09:52 AM