Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
T.V. Programming
I don't pay much attention to the TV, and just keep it on for background noise. If I don't have the background noise, I go all hyper-red-alert, and hear every little noise outside the house, which drives me nuts until I arm-up and investigate it, so I keep the TV for background noise so I can rest.

Grace, on the other hand, occasionally actually watches it, and she has complaints much the same as yours. For the past year, she's been complaining that shows are programming people, normalizing things that are anything but normal.  She says they are programming folks to be driven leftward.

The only thing I've noticed are commercials. The demographics of commercials are all out of kilter with demographics in the real word, and there are far more married gay couples, interracial couples, and "otherly gendered" folks showing on commercials than can be found in the actual population. Also, commercials are pushing real weird stuff, like "climate change" and "green stuff". I've been going out of my mind with all the commercials promoting meatless meat - "meat made from plants". Meat is NOT made from plants, it's made from critters. Plant-based pseudo meat is lacking in several vitamins, minerals, amino acids, etc that are necessary for life. Plants can NEVER supply everything humans need, which is why so many vegans and vegetarians are pale and sickly.

I'm probably going to have to find another source for background noise...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
T.V. Programming - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-26-2019, 04:41 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by Ninurta - 10-27-2019, 06:05 AM
RE: T.V. Programming - by guohua - 10-28-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by BIAD - 10-28-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by guohua - 10-28-2019, 11:33 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by BIAD - 10-28-2019, 11:39 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by BIAD - 04-17-2020, 10:04 AM
RE: T.V. Programming - by Ninurta - 04-17-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: T.V. Programming - by BIAD - 04-18-2020, 09:56 AM