Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gun Control: How about fixing the system
(06-23-2016, 05:56 AM)senona Wrote: I guess I picked up more from the article than just the mental issue factor.
Which is a rather touchy issue by itself, especially where Vets are concerned.

Being some of the mass shooting killers were known to be on some kind of anti-depressant drug at time of killings, which I find alarming, being as the side effects on them are spooky IMO.

Aside from the mental issues, I was surprised to see how many convicts slip through the cracks when trying to apply for a gun or lying on application for a gun.
And very few are prosecuted for it.

In other words, nothing is done about it.
Would it make a difference if they were prosecuted for trying to get a gun illegally?
Maybe, maybe not....but would be nice if they were reported to the system.

[Image: 1f2ef02637a19f1c07de968d8a9bab0a.jpg]

May I extend the conversation to felons

Why should they not be allowed to own guns?
(please note they are allowed to own black powdered weapons)

Do you punish children for the rest of their lives for crimes they have committed?

But lets make it more interesting and current

Why should they not be allowed to own guns worship who they want?

They committed a crime.. 
Satanism is bad and does DARK things.. 
they might decide to grab someone off the street for a sacrifice if allowed to worship who they want

The use of Felons in a civil rights debate is better put to a different usage here

What is the issue?
They have violated basic customs of decency

The issue here is not one of rights, but as to wiether not the individual is rehabilitated
(a whole different kind of dangerous conversation)

Lets assume for a second the example of punishing a child
Follow through on this with the bad example I am using

We have a two pronged issue

What is crime?

And what is the source of the behavior?

Too fix this part of the system, the above needs to be addressed

A former roommate and still a friend told me the major issue him and the guards had actually was the earlier part of the conversation on mental health

While in custody thier are teirs to mental health issues

The majority of crimes could have been treated with very simple diagnostics
The repeat offenders slip through the system and it turns out from what he was telling me was that the main reasons the prisoners started getting treated was because the guards safety was more important 

If this where to hold true
if convicted and placed in state custody, the individual should be screened for mental health issues

Automatically
Extra safeguards need to be put into place of course with outside monitoring

this is used only if the person is being placed in custody of the state
and not to be used as an example of taking person and forcing treatment
(already rules in place on that which is a different fix)

To sum this up
The prisons need to be fixed first the issue again is not with felons owning guns

Please note another issue here
Those that live out in rural areas just about need guns and knives just to operate and survive

(this of course makes my preferences for sharp objects interesting when dealing with coyotes and wild dogs. And yes it was a small mixed pack..)

The issue that needs fixing in this part is the prison system, not ownership of guns
IMHO, the system is major league broken in this regard

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gun Control: How about fixing the system - by Armonica_Templar - 06-23-2016, 06:45 AM