Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gun Control: How about fixing the system
(06-23-2016, 01:13 AM)senona Wrote: ...He is the first person that I have come across, to bring up the fact that the system itself has numerous issues which means, no matter how many gun regulations are passed, criminals, mentally unstable people will still be able to get guns, until these holes are fixed.

You left out "B-List Actors".

The broken system ---
Interesting that a large number of those at the top of the "Should Not Buy/Have Guns" list are those that were once our warriors.
Anyone with PTSD should probably be kept away from guns.  You simply do not know when they will flip.
But - the fact that they have PTSD from being an active participant in a war zone (defending your & my right to defend ourselves) is one of the screwiest twists of luck imaginable.
No-one should be allowed to don a uniform of the U.S. Military (or any nation's military) until they're old enough and mature enough to understand, with all gravity, what it WILL cost them.
If only mature persons were allowed to enter a combat zone/theater, then sitting in a foxhole and watching their buddies blown away, though terrifying, would still be more likely to survive with some sense of wit about themselves than throwing a bunch of kids that just left high school into the meat grinder.
I know - it is idiotic to suggest such a thing, because most people mature enough to make such a decision would not choose military life.
When you know what death is... When you've seen friends and family...die...and realize that's where you're going too...then...and only then...are you in a position that could stave off PTSD.
Nonetheless - we have a bunch of Vets that SHOULD NOT be allowed to have guns, or knives or axes or rakes or hoes or automobiles or...fingernail cutters - because we didn't care enough to shut a government down that would throw our children into war LONG before they were ready for it.

I'm not even a B-List actor.  So - my words will mean even less.
But - I'm not trying to add meaningless drivel.
I just find the irony so profound.  Vets - PTSD - No Guns

I find it just as interesting that most of the people in the Orlando Night Club Massacre, who were not killed, will find themselves victims of PTSD...and may, later, find that, when they want to arm themselves (for self defense?), they will not be able to do so legally.

My fingers are out of breath.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gun Control: How about fixing the system - by Minstrel - 06-23-2016, 02:54 AM