Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
For Ocasio-Cortez, You Just Pay For It.
Oh here we go, an early passenger on the gravy-train.
Can't Ocasio-Cortez just pluck the rent from her imagined money tree?

Quote:Millennial congresswoman 'can't afford rent'.

'The youngest woman ever elected to Congress has a problem -she can't afford her rent.
That is until she starts her new job in January.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4755]

After telling the New York Times she's waiting for her first pay cheque before renting an apartment
in Washington DC, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is again being called the "millennial Congresswoman".

On Friday Fox News presenter Ed Henry suggested the 29-year-old wasn't telling the full truth because
she wore "multi-thousand dollar outfits" in a magazine.
Ms Ocasio-Cortez responded on Twitter, pointing out the clothes were lent to her for the photo shoot.

Her comments -"I've really been just kind of squirreling away and then hoping that gets me to January"
-got many on Twitter empathising with her.

"Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez not being able to afford DC rent is the
most millennial thing ever and I honestly vibe with it," tweeted one user.

Ms Ocasio-Cortez joins Republican Elise Stefanik, 34, and newly-elected Democrat Ilhan Omar, 36,
among others, in the "millennial caucus" in Congress. She was elected to New York's 14th congressional
district, after running a progressive campaign that focused on issues including poverty, wealth inequality
and immigration.

Born in the Bronx to Puerto Rican parents, she describes herself as working-class and she worked in
restaurants until early 2018 to supplement her salary as a community activist.
"For 80% of this campaign, I operated out of a paper grocery bag hidden behind that bar," she told Bon
Appetit magazine.

Ms Ocasio-Cortez's financial disclosure shows that she earned about $26,500 (£20,000) last year.
On Thursday she tweeted that her accommodation dilemma also demonstrates how the American
electoral system "isn't designed for working-class people to lead".

Others on Twitter agreed:
"Goes to show how divorced the system and most elected officials are
from normal people that a normal person can't readily begin to serve
without starting out wealthy," wrote one.

"That's reality for a lot of people. Will be nice to have someone in Congress that literally understands
the struggle," commented @Lauralouisiana...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
For Ocasio-Cortez, You Just Pay For It. - by BIAD - 11-06-2018, 10:10 PM
RE: For Ocasio-Cortez, You Just Pay For It. - by BIAD - 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM