Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Parliament shooting: Police officer 'stabbed'.
Parliament shooting: Police officer 'stabbed'.
(Thursday, 22nd March 2017)
'A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London, in
what police are treating as a terrorist incident.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1444]

Commons Leader David Lidington told MPs [Members of Parliament] the "alleged assailant
was shot by armed police". There are also reports of as many as five people being "mowed
down" on nearby Westminster Bridge.

MPs said they had heard three or four gunshots. A Downing Street source said Prime
Minister Theresa May was "OK".

Prime Minister Theresa May was seen being ushered into a silver Jaguar car as what
sounded like gunfire rang out at Parliament during the incident.
Staff inside Parliament were told to stay inside their offices.

Tom Peck, political editor for the Independent, tweeted: "There was a loud bang. Screams.
Commotion. Then the sound of gunshots. Armed police everywhere."

Press Association political editor Andrew Woodcock witnessed the scenes unfolding from
his office window overlooking New Palace Yard.
"I heard shouts and screams from outside and looked out, and there was a group of maybe
40 or 50 people running round the corner from Bridge Street into Parliament Square.

"They appeared to be running away from something...'
SOURCE:

Update:

16:10pm:
Bomb squad called to Parliament
A planned evacuation of Parliament has been halted after an announcement was made
saying there was a suspicious package in a vehicle and the bomb squad had been called.

16:12pm:
London Eye in lockdown.
The London Eye tourist attraction, just across the Thames from Parliament, said it was on
lockdown following the attack. A spokesman said: "At present we are holding all of our guests
within our attractions as per tried and tested security procedures."

16:13pm:
One dead in Westminster incident doctors say.
One woman has died and a number of others have been hurt - including some with
"catastrophic" injuries - in the incident on Westminster Bridge, a junior doctor at St
Thomas' Hospital has said.

16:22pm:
'I saw a couple of bodies on the ground'
Matt Haikin, 44, from London, said he was in shock after seeing the aftermath of the crash
on the bridge. 

He said: "I just saw a car that had clearly driven off the road into the fence outside Parliament. 
"As I went past I noticed there was a body next to it and quite a lot of blood and people standing
around. "Fairly shortly after I heard some shots, at which point it was clear it wasn't just an accident,
something else was going on." 

He then moved to look through the Palace of Westminster gates and saw "a lot of people, people
in uniform, I think I saw a couple of bodies on the ground, I couldn't tell you if they'd been asked to
lie down or if they were injured".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

Messages In This Thread
Parliament shooting: Police officer 'stabbed'. - by BIAD - 03-22-2017, 05:12 PM