Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The First Presidential Debate; Your impressions..
For those of you that have watched the first Presidential Debate between Trump & Clinton, I am undoubtedly curious...did anyone win?

We won't know if it made a difference in the polls before the end of the week but I do have a feeling that no one's gained anything after last night. People preferring Hillary still prefer Hillary, people preferring Trump still prefer Trump and the undecided are still...undecided.

As a Canadian who will obviously not be voting for neither of them comes this November, I tried to look at this debate with neutral eyes. And I think that it didn't come close to being anything productive..or increasingly knowledgeable in a way that would make me gain any IQ points on both political platforms plans.

Actually, neither of them had clear plans on much of anything, really. Mrs Clinton seems to be surfing the wave of the status quo, following in the footsteps of what's already been done by your current Administration. Mr Trump on the other hand, had much to say about what could work and what didn't but had no specific plans mentioned at no point, nowhere in that debate.

Oh. And the Moderator sucked. My opinion. Letting Trump interrupt Clinton every time she had her say was clearly out of his reach. Asking a question about why Trump said that she didn't have a Presidential look had nothing to do - whatsoever - with the topics of the night; merely a direct attack at Trump, and God knows that Mrs Clinton has plenty of subjects that could also be personally attacked.

I also think that Trump missed a few good opportunities to nail Clinton to the wall, like she did to him when he opened the door on her 'stamina'..for example, he could have nailed her on a few doors open about Benghazi..but failed to do so.

Personally, I think that Trump captained the boat for the first half hour but went on different tangents after that. Lack of preparation comes to mind. Clinton, on the other hand, was prepared, almost on a scripted basis. He clearly was not.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for you, my American friends, as you have a tough choice ahead of you, one that will decide on what happens in the next four years, one that every citizen of the world will look at with uncertainty.

Neither are Saints. Both are obvious liars, one from a political background, the other from a business one.

You think anyone gained anything last night?

Curious Canuck would like to know : )

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Unfortunately, I missed it.

And when looking for reviews on it, as you stated, the articles for Hillary were anti-Trump.
And vise versa for Trump.....they were anti-Hillary.

So I personally do not know.

Evidently neither one struck any home runs, so to speak.....nothing that really stuck out as "WINNER".

Being as this was the first debate, think both were uneasy as to what to expect kinda testing the waters.

However, the second debate might actually prove more interesting.
Hopefully I'll be able to see that one.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Quote:Personally, I think that Trump captained the boat for the first half hour but went on different tangents after that. Lack of preparation comes to mind. Clinton, on the other hand, was prepared, almost on a scripted basis. He clearly was not.

I agree with you.  And on the quote I posted above, you are also "right on"...   READ THIS!

Clinton Received Debate Questions Week Before Debate, According to Sources

[Image: tdy_alexander_debate_160926.nbcnews-ux-1080-600.jpg]
Per Mystic's article....

Quote:Earlier last week an NBC intern was seen hand delivering a package to Clinton’s campaign headquarters, according to sources. The package was not given to secretarial staff, as would normally happen, but the intern was instead ushered into the personal office of Clinton campaign manager Robert Mook. Members of the Clinton press corps from several media organizations were in attendance at the time, and a reporter from Fox News recognized the intern, but said he was initially confused because the NBC intern was dressed like a Fed Ex employee.

The reporter from Fox questioned campaign staff about the intern, but campaign staff at first claimed ignorance and then claimed that it was just a Fed Ex employee who had already left. No reporters present who had seen the intern dressed as a Fed Ex employee go into Mook’s office saw him leave by the same front entrance. The Fox reporter who recognized the intern also immediately looked outside of the campaign headquarters and noted that there were no Fed Ex vehicles parked outside.

Well shit, no wonder Hillary flew thru it without stuttering or rambling on when asked a question.

That in my book is called cheating!!!   smallnotamused
Definitely not fair.

Either both candidates should have access to questions, or if not, both should not have access to questions.

Personally it kinda defeats having a debate if one knows ahead of time what is going to be asked.
That IMO is not a true debate.

Not to mention, biased and unfair.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Well, it would not surprise me if Hillary got hold of the script... in fact, I'd say
the people who require her to get in the White House for their nefarious acts
would have been doing a poor job if the hadn't grabbed the questions for her!

But like most things, anyone can memorise a set of questions and then practice
listener-pleasing responses. It's how they deal with the daily problems in the job
that counts.

I would honestly say that if Hillary Clinton gets in, then most of her term will
involve covering up her Saudi-favouring decision-making and twenty years
from now, it will be revealed with a bit of 'polish' on it.

As a Brit, I only saw the debate some time after and what struck me first was
that I didn't think it was her! I suppose it's nice to see her pneumonia has gone
away.
tinylaughing
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quote:Well, it would not surprise me if Hillary got hold of the script... in fact, I'd say
the people who require her to get in the White House for their nefarious acts
would have been doing a poor job if the hadn't grabbed the questions for her!

Ooh oooh......can you imagine her getting the so-called questions, only for the moderator to change it at the last minute?
Aaaah-- there is wishful thinking!!

That would be the perfect "gotcha" moment for her. LMAO.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I don't know if she had a "cheat sheet" with her, but there were a few times when Hillary paused and looked down before answering.
It really looked like she was searching for the answer to me. 

I didn't save the article, but I saw where they said Lester Holt was helping Hillary out in certain ways too.  They called him the third debater. tinywondering
(09-27-2016, 10:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I didn't save the article, but I saw where they said Lester Holt was helping Hillary out in certain ways too.  They called him the third debater. tinywondering

And they are 100% right. As I mentioned earlier, he sucked. Not only did he ask a question to Trump that had no relevance to the topics at hand but he also argued with him on the 'stop and frisk' debate.

This almost sounded like it was rigged in advance against Trump and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Holt managed to get her a script in advance.

That would be cheating indeed but everyone knows Hillary is as pure as snow.

Oh wait...
[Image: CtYaspXXYAAQmIy.jpg][Image: CtYaspXXYAAQmIy.jpg]Note for next debate....

[Image: 8dc7809e9bd246ceac7a9f831eb60c3f.png]

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Okay @"Mystic Wanderer" , see what you think about this video.....

BUSTED !!! Was Hillary Clinton Wearing A WIRE And EARPIECE For Hofstra Debate ? Hmmmm.....

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

I am seriously worried about Trump - the number of interruptions he made was ridiculous and should not have been allowed.

It was like watching a 5 year old - he got an idea or opinion in his head and was sure as hell going to make sure he got it out, no matter how. Oh, and don't get me started on him saying how rich and successful he is - Trumpy, no one likes someone who boasts of their wealth.  He reminds me of a kid in a playground "I'm richer than you, so I'm better than you are, and smarter".

I am a non American, and do not give a rat's ass about either of them - they are as bad as each other, and I pity the US of A having to choose one of these muppets.  But then I think, wait - you chose these people.  You have a tough choice to make now, as people don't seem to want either, therein lies one of the flaws of this two party election.

One thing I did pick up though from The Hair, when he was boasting of having some property development ongoing on Pennsylvania Avenue.  All through the campaign he has constantly said "I am a winner" "I don't lose" (and similar BS), but in the debate, in relation to his development property, he said something along the lines of "I will get to Pennsylvania Avenue one way or another".  That to me implied that he saw possible defeat, and was implying that if he did not get to the White House, he would be close by. Sorry, guy - close but no cigar (ask Bill). 

Maybe I am just reading too much into it, but I think he is starting to realise the wheels are coming off his caboose, and he may not get there.  Which will please me enormously after his pompous and bombastic declarations.

(09-28-2016, 12:50 AM)senona Wrote: Okay @"Mystic Wanderer" , see what you think about this video.....

BUSTED !!! Was Hillary Clinton Wearing A WIRE And EARPIECE For Hofstra Debate ? Hmmmm.....

Nah, no wire - that is just her reptilian spine showing through tinylaughing
(09-28-2016, 01:10 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote:
(09-28-2016, 12:50 AM)senona Wrote: Okay @"Mystic Wanderer" , see what you think about this video.....

Nah, no wire - that is just her reptilian spine showing through tinylaughing

LOL....good one there 1984!
Have to give you credit for that one  smallgreennumberone

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

We didn't watch, Sorry.

But I was told by my friends Lester Holt attacked Trump and Babied Hillary.
They said he didn't ask Hillary any of the Question's he should have that people wanted to here her answers too.
But then, CNN is The Clinton New Network and doesn't Lester Holt work for CNN.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Sure does look like one, doesn't it?  What else would it be?   minusculethinking
(09-28-2016, 03:10 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Sure does look like one, doesn't it?  What else would it be?   minusculethinking

As 1984 suggested above ......"Nah, no wire - that is just her reptilian spine showing through" [Image: tinylaughing.png]
Two words ..... Bloody Pathetic ......  on both the debate and on the candidates .....  think time to auction off my u.s citizenship and stick entirely with my japanese citizenship .....   meh ... and people wonder why I am an anarchist with neither a need nor use for any damn leaders ..... the entire lot of em are corrupt useless bastards not worth following or risking ones life for ..... knowing the idiots in amerika theyll elect the criminal bitch killery ...... never underestimate the power of stupid boys and girls ..... the idiot factor inflicted damn obumma on the world TWICE ......
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Yeah, it does look like an earpiece but the wire going up her back looks very thick (maybe she is actually a cyborg :P )

Seriously, though -

The bulge at the bottom of her back seems to be one of those transmitter/receivers that you clip onto a belt, as newreaders usually have - I have some here in fact.

She is definitely wired for sound, imho.
With revelations on another thread that Diplomats are in the pockets of Monsanto,
surely the idea of rigging the Moderator and Hillary's responses wouldn't be too-hard
a task?

Think about this:
What would you do to make sure a wealthy, powerful, easy-going lifestyle that you enjoy
would continue? What would you do to halt change?

This isn't just about coveting wealth and power, it's about control and maintaining that
control by all the means available. There's no guilt involved, it's all about looking after
one's own.

And that's how they get through the day.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-28-2016, 02:59 AM)guohua Wrote: But then, CNN is The Clinton New Network and doesn't Lester Holt work for CNN.

CNN is definitely biased. Yesterday morning, they said that they had a poll that showed that Clinton won the debate by a landslide, which is utter B.S.

Way too early to call.

There were other early polls out there that said that Trump won. Yet again, way too early to tell, as far as points go anyway..

Personally, my opinion is that the only losers from that first debate were the American citizens. They got evasive answers from Trump and political answers from Clinton..(you know, giving a lot of info without really giving a real concrete answer)...

I do care though, even as a Canadian. Trudeau will have to deal with whoever gets elected. So in one way or another, this is going to affect us. At this point, I am thinking 'Thank God they'll have a team working with them' as I don't trust neither of them.

Trump is a solo artist, narcissistic, full of himself and likes to be right. On the other hand, Clinton is an opportunist that'll do anything to get what she aims for, be it legal or not. And as far as security of those under her watch goes...well...we all know how she deals with that...

At the beginning of this race, I loved how Trump was direct and spoke truths, saying things as they were. He still does, to a certain extent, but he clearly doesn't have any defined plans to support his talk. None that he's shown up to now anyway.

Hope the next debates show more light a little...

JMO.