Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Beijing has already begun contemplating ‘decapitation’ strikes against the dictatorsh
Wow. To be honest I never thought of it from that angle, I think it's actually a good solid idea. 

All this time I was thinking China wouldn't budge (for good reason I guess, if you are thinking from a Chinese Standpoint - a unified democratic Korea on their border with full support of the US is kinda what brought the bloodshed in the 50's), so that left pretty much the "nuclear" option (no pun intended): US / SK invasion and overthrow. 

Bloody, messy, millions would die, and if successful we could finally rid Korea of proliferation, starvation, and madness. 

But if the invasion comes from the North and China can install their person, dismantle the nuclear program, and deal with the ensuing insurgency on their own, I would actually probably welcome that. Hong Kong (as was mentioned) would be the gold standard for what NK could become. I know the talking heads worry about China's growing influence in (ehm...) THEIR region... but what better option is there?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Beijing has already begun contemplating ‘decapitation’ strikes against the dictatorsh - by DuckforcoveR - 10-09-2016, 02:34 PM