Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This 3-minute animation will change the way you see the universe
(09-26-2016, 11:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: There are several who are jumping on the band wagon that the universe we live in is 92 trillion light years and expanding. Our universe could be like a soap bubble in God's bath tub... Just one of many bubbles always touching but separated by the bubble's membrane... Let us hope he does not pull the stopper/plug !  tinysurprised minusculebeercheers

That's the first I had heard of that. When I was a kid, the universe was "infinite", but when the Big Bang nonsense came along, it got shrunk all the way down to a mere "13.5 billion light years across", and that last I'd heard, that's where it has stayed. When did it get expanded back up to 92 trillion light years?

That would be a size increase of 6814.81 radiii, or a volume increase of 1,325,715,759,546.14 - i.e. 1.3 trillion of the "old" universes would fit into this "new" universe.

The "old" 13.5 billion light year universe was unimaginably huge, but this "new" one would be unimaginably huger.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: This 3-minute animation will change the way you see the universe - by Ninurta - 09-26-2016, 09:05 PM