Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Protests erupt after fatal officer-involved shooting in Charlotte, N.C.
(09-21-2016, 08:00 AM)senona Wrote: Sad to see another person killed by LEO tho.
Not sure why they can't aim for their legs/knees instead of a kill shot.

I took my LE training many years ago, in the early 80's, but all of my subsequent firearms training (had to retrain every single year when I was an armed guard) did not differ substantially. We were always taught to shoot center of mass, double tap - pop 'em in the target's chest, two at a time. There were several reasons for that. For one, that's the biggest target on a human, allowing for less misses, and you don't want misses. They waste ammo, and endanger bystanders with unstopped bullets flying around. Also, you don't want a hurt but not immobilized person down with a gun in hand and a crowd a crowd of gawkers about. Lot of them gawkers won't be gawking long if that happens - but you'll have to call extra ambulances for the injured and dead civilians you just created by not terminating the threat.

Think "wounded bear" - do you just wanna piss him off and poke him with a stick, or do you wanna put him down and end the threat?

Quote:No cop wants his life destroyed, and that is what will happen. Has happened to others.
No cop wakes up and says, "hey I'm gonna kill a black person today" despite what many people think and try to spin.

If blacks do not want to be put in that precarious situation involving cops, then do not put yourself in one.

It's not a black-white thing. The cop that dropped him was black.

Quote:I hope they can get this incident investigated without too much rioting and burning down of the town.
Protests are good.
The violence that usually follows, destroying businesses is not.

Nope, they didn't. The "rioting", as usual, has just turned into an excuse to loot. The rioters don't give a fuzzy rat's ass about another dead black guy - they only give a shit because it gives them an excuse to loot and burn.

The National Guard has been ordered in, I guess because it worked out so well at Kent State when they threw them into the fray there.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Protests erupt after fatal officer-involved shooting in Charlotte, N.C. - by Ninurta - 09-23-2016, 12:33 AM