Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are?
(06-12-2022, 07:36 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think this will creep you out more. I guess this could be a new twist on "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", or perhaps possession.

Strangely, I'm ok with a fair bit of that. There are too damned many stupid people on my planet now. It bothers me none that some of them will willingly "upload themselves" to "the cloud" and "return their  bodies to the Earth". If they're dumb enough to do that, then they'll just be one solar flair away from oblivion and out of my hair. ""The cloud" is just someone else's computer, but just a computer all the same. When the lights go out, so do the "uploaded" folks. Meanwhile, whomever owns the computers they live on has the power of life or death over them, just by pulling the plug. They will be wholly owned by someone else, and live only at their master's pleasure - or then next solar flare might take that decision out of their master's hands. That would also free up more land space for us Neanderthals so that the meek could finally inherit the Earth.

As far as the rest goes, the constant monitoring by "the internet of things" also requires electricity to run, and it wouldn't be the first time I managed to get along with no electricity. They can do whatever they like with their cities or "smart cities". Since I won't be found in one, I don't care what they do in them.

Resettlement camps are a no-go at this station. They;d have to round us up to do that, and a fair number of us knuckle-draggers will take extreme exception to that. Good luck with it. They might kill me where I stand, but they won't be "resettling" me. In that case, I will have died on my own terms, and still a free man. The alternative ain't gonna happen.

The next solar flare, the one that throws us back to at least the 19th century if not farther, can't come soon enough. Most of the cell phone Liberals will die in the first week after that event, because they either uploaded themselves to someone else's computer, or else they will have no idea how to cope in the New World, and we'll be shed of them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are? - by Ninurta - 06-13-2022, 09:05 PM