Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are?
You bring up a great point. Are we that stupid?

I don't know. Individuals are not dumb but people in groups are stupid... or something like that. 

I think it may be more along the lines of a tipping point or the 100th Monkey effect. Everybody grumbles until one little thing sets off the whole mess. Then it all comes rushing to a head and the result is usually a semi-disaster if history is any guide. 

You can do the slow, boiling frog on a population and may get away with it. However, in the last two years it's been full steam ahead and not even trying to hide it. Look at Canada for Pete's sake. 

I am not optimistic. Quite a few people I know are more than happy to grovel around, carrying the élite's water at every turn. Kool-aid stains around the mouth. My only glimmer of hope comes from math. There are 330+ million Americans. We can't be the only ones feeling this way or seeing it like this. No matter how "unacceptable" millions and millions of peoples views may be, you can't get them all. Although I'm sure some are taking notes from 1930's Germany. 

*I promise in my next post I will try to add even more metaphors and allusions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Do We Stop Being As Stupid As They Think We Are? - by ABNARTY - 06-10-2022, 11:00 PM