Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas
(05-27-2022, 10:32 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 09:34 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 08:50 PM)Ninurta Wrote: ... So he had around 3000 dollars in weapons and accessories, and maybe a further 600-800 bucks in just magazines and ammo, all bought
in a few days time. I  have to ask again where an unemployed drop out in an economically depressed area gets that kind of cash to dump
on an operation like this.

From The Guardian:

Quote:'...The gunman’s father, also called Salvador Ramos, said, in a separate interview with the Daily Beast:
“I just want the people to know I’m sorry, man, [for] what my son did...

...The 42-year-old father, who digs holes around utility poles for inspection, was at work when the younger
Ramos stormed into the school, and only discovered what had happened when his mother called to inform him...'

'...Ramos’s maternal grandfather, Rolando Reyes, told reporters that he and his wife were living with his grandson
after the grandson had problems with his mother and had dropped out of school, taking a job at a fast-food restaurant...'

Quote:'...Salvador Ramos, 18, worked at Wendy's to save money to purchase the assault weapons he used to shoot up a
Texas elementary school on Tuesday...'

(Grace Cruz, fellow Wendy's Employee)
'...The teenage gunman who killed 19 young children at a Texas elementary school worked at Wendy's to save up
$4,000 to purchase the guns he used in the massacre...'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11471]
One of the weapons the gunman bought was an $1,870 Daniel Defense weapon which he posted a receipt for on Yubo (left).
The weapons are ordered online then picked up from local Daniel Defense dealers 
The Daily Mail:

I'm not buying that story, not even a little bit, that he saved 4 grand from a Wendy's job flipping burgers. That smells like a cover story if ever I smelled one. Might as well claim he saved it picking up aluminum cans by the roadside. He'd have made about the same amount of money.

That rifle on the right is a Smith and Wesson M+P-15, and has been altered. The forearm has been changed, and the pistol grip has been changed, meaning even more cash outlay to dress it up. Standard stock forearms on that weapon are round, have ridges molded around them for a better grip, and have seven round holes at top and bottom for ventilation. They have no heat shields, and so get hotter than the hinges of hell when more than 10 rounds are fired through them. I know this because I have one, and had to change the forearm out to a military M4 forearm with double heat shields after the first time I fired it. I soon realized that stock forearm wasn't going to stand up to heavy use. The stock pistol grip on that gun is a milspec M16A2 pistol grip. Looks just like the old M16A1 grips with the addition of a finger notch just below the trigger for a firmer non-slip grip. It also looks like the trigger was swapped out, as that trigger appears straight and longer than the standard curved trigger.

The Daniel Defense rifle is also not standard. It is an upgrade, which can be seen by the longer barrel length. A standard barrel on that weapon is the same length as the barrel on the S+W rifle. That one looks like it has an 18" barrel instead of the standard 16" barrel.

This is what the stock handguards, trigger, and pistol grip on the Smith and Wesson rifle look like for comparison:

[Image: 10202-mp-OnWhite-Right2.png?itok=FqW9oPMS]

ETA: I cranked out this image for a comparison, and realized that the butt stock has also been swapped out for a new one. Even more cash outlay. A lot of work and money for a teenager just to build his own suicide machine, and then just leave it in his truck when he marched off to his suicide:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11472]

I also noticed during research for this post that the MSRP of that rifle has gone up to 812.00, nearly a hundred dollar increase since I got mine.

I agree, he was 18, so he couldn't have been there that long.  Plus living expenses, blowing money here and there, as most 18 years old would do, adds up to him hoarding 4 grand highly unlikely in my opinion.   Unless he was slinging weed on the side, or something else, but I haven't seen anything like that reported.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-29-2022, 04:44 PM