Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas
(05-25-2022, 11:41 PM)ChiefD Wrote: I don't think more gun control is going to fix this. I don't think anything will fix this.

"Gun control" will not fix it, as you correctly observe. Actual "criminal control" might not eliminate it altogether, but it would take a really huge chunk out of it. Instead of coddling criminals and harassing inanimate objects, they should pass a law stating that the criminal convicted of such act, regardless of mental difficulties, SHALL be publicly castrated. have the effluvient thereby produced shoved into his own mouth and duct-taped in, and then be hung by the neck at a public gibbet and left hanging there and bleeding from his nethers until the body rots down at which time the remains shall be burned and cast into the ocean, never more to be, no grave to ever visit, and his memory erased from among humankind as a testimony to his inhumanity.

Same treatment to his dead carcass even if he is killed in the commission of his favorite felony.

Destroy all public records that they ever existed, from their birth certificate right on through their driver's license, and any other public record that may be found, and make it iillegal to ever speak their name again - all of them, every single one, can be referred to with the same name, "Criminal X", so that one cannot be differentiated from another. Many of them do it for the notoriety, Deny that to them. Erase them as if they had never existed. let their would-be copycats understand that nothing but oblivion awaits them, as if they never were at all, and that their mark will never be left on the world.

Damnatio Memoriae should still be a thing in these cases. Instead, they make the bastards famous, and create a legion of mentally defective copycats to seek after their own 15 minutes of fame in a like manner as their heroes.

No need to go after their families during their erasure - the overwhelming majority of these assholes are "incels" - claiming themselves to be "involuntarily celibate", but in reality existing in a voluntary, self-enforced celibacy because they are afraid of girls. So, few if any of them even have children to go after.

Quote:I agree with some who said that there should be armed police officers at every school. Children are our most precious resource. I don't blame children for not wanting to physically go to school and the trauma they suffer when these kinds of things happen. The schools need a lot more protection than they are getting now. 

I hung up my guns years ago, but could be persuaded to strap one on again if the goal were the protection of kids, and that were actually allowed.

Quote:I also abhor when politics slimes into these discussions. Bitching about Biden is bullshit.

I agree, to an extent. the bodies had not even had time to cool to room temperature before Biden was back at trying to disarm everyone EXCEPT the criminals again. Still, I let him run with that crap and have not been bitching about his callous disregard of kids and crass political use of their deaths to further his own political agenda before the bodies even cooled, much less were mourned and buried. That's his jam, not mine.

Quote:Why are people afraid and call him Brandon?

I'm not afraid to call him Brandon, but I DO have a friend whose actual name is Brandon, and I prefer not to insult my friend like that, by abusing his name.

Quote:I'm not calling any one person out, just venting my frustrations. Mass shootings have taken place under every president, including Trump. Please don't talk to me about politicians regarding these mass shootings. Most politicians, whatever party they are from, do little to nothing anyway. Bitching about them is like pissing in the wind. 

What can they do? half of the country sees the inanimate guns as having jumped up and done the killing all by themselves. and that is all they rail about. But if the politicians cave to them and actually ban firearms, the other half of the country will rise up with their guns, and the shooting war will be on in earnest. Now they could do as I suggested above, and start addressing the root of the problem - criminals and loons unsafe to be walking around in polite society - but that seems not to be very popular among the gun-banner crowd, so they'd lose the only support they have if they were to do that. We would all without a doubt be much safer, but they would be out of a job... and few if any politicans ever voluntarily gave up their cushy jobs.

Politicians, to a man, care nary a whit about safety other than their own - not mine, not yours, not the kids. They care about votes and retaining power, and that is ALL they care about, Republican or Democrat.

Quote:This has nothing to do with politics. This has a whole lot to do with lack of mental health help for everyone, especially our youth. Parents and schools want to sweep it under the rug and bury their heads in the sand. The reality of it is that we will need to turn our schools into fortresses. But that leaves anywhere else that mass shooters do their thing. If they can't access a school, they will go somewhere else.

Nope, it ain't about politics, at all. Politics has shown itself to be utterly useless in such events. It's much more useless than action, and politicians are notorious for avoiding any action, especially if that action might get them killed or fired by one side or the other. It's about the citizens - about you, about me, about the kids, about keeping families safe. It's not even really about mental health at the most basic level. It's about keeping society safe, and the only way to accomplish that is to address what makes it unsafe - criminals and loons, rather than their implement of destruction of the day.

I don't care if they are mentally unsound or not. An argument could be made that ANY murder is the sign of an unsound mind. I'm all for eliminating them with extreme prejudice. Just X those bastards out, and write 'em off the rolls, crazy or not. I don't want to rehab them, I don't want to make them well before I kill 'em. I just want them ENDED, no longer walking among civilized folk to do their damage. You can do that with the crazy and the sane alike. makes no difference, so long as they can never, ever, do it again.

Quote:For years, criminals have been coddled and given attention by the media and admirers. There have been so many instances where some fucktard got off for killing someone, and they get a slap on the wrist because money bought them out of prison. That shit has to stop. All these politicians talk about being tough on crime, but things are not getting better. They are just words in the end. I'm so glad I don't have children in school. I'd be a nervous wreck.

I have grand kids in school. If anything like this were to happen to them, the prick that did it better hope the cops kill him for it, because my son and I would not be anywhere near as nice as the cops would be about shooting him. We would make it last for hours, maybe days, and in the end no one would ever know what happened to him. Neither he nor any part of him would ever be seen or heard from again on this Earth.

He would simply vanish, and no one but him would ever know just how he suffered before he finally died.

I actually did not know of this event until I read of it here. TV died late Saturday night, and will not be fixed until around the 10th of next month, so I was completely in the dark about It. it was kind of peaceful for a while.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Ninurta - 05-26-2022, 12:43 AM