Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas
I wanted to post a rant on this subject but this will do. Thanks for bringing it up. I tried explaining why I am mad about this to my wife.  

According to the FBI, there have been 202 mass shooting in the US in 2022. Why it requires "4" victims to qualify as a mass shooting, I have no idea. Seems pretty arbitrary. 

The school shooting yesterday didn't even have the highest casualty number. That distinction (16) goes to Charleston, Missouri back in March. Never heard of that one? Well, that is why I am mad. You know how many people were shot in Chicago last week end? 28. Didn't know that? That's why I am mad. I am not mad at you, I am mad at the media and our government. 

I'm not even going to say the events yesterday were tragic. We all know that. There is no need to to preface every observation with that warding spell for protection from the mouth breathing, tribalist mobs. 

If the media and government were honestly and truly concerned about the victims, we would hear from them everyday on the matter. Congress would approve billions for emergency measures just as quick as they approved $40 Billion for Ukraine. But none of this happens. Ever. We only hear from them selectively. Why? If they were concerned about "the children", why are they not doing something about the children dying in the desert trying to get across an open border? Again, it's selective and therefore suspect.  

Instead of solutions or assistance, we get emotional manipulation. We get lies and BS. Lies and BS that are pathetically transparent. Not even well crafted lies and BS. Sophomoric and maddening. Why? Are they that inept? That ineffectual? The only way to fix anything is for the citizen to give up more? 

Nope. It's just virtue theater with a side order of theft from the disdained citizenry. 

***Thank's RN. I feel a little less agitated now even though I know I am preaching to the choir on this one.

Messages In This Thread
Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by Schmoe1 - 05-25-2022, 06:43 AM
RE: Yet Another School Shooting in Texas - by ABNARTY - 05-25-2022, 03:35 PM