Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-31-2022, 01:38 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I gave up on all fast food a while back. To be honest I am not a fan of eating out.
People have become too rude, angry, and nasty, for me to trust them with my food.
The horror stories of body fluids being added as vengeful, downright vile pranks, along with other acts that may be for expediency more than a thoughtful act, like food dropped on the floor or removed from another's plate if uneaten, or folk licking it, just makes my stomach go sour at the thought of eating out.
There is only two places I eat out without concern. Both of these place are owned and run by "very" close friends, that I know will throw out a whole day's worth of food, if anything is questionable about it.
The workers are young people that are family members, friends, and or neighbors. Most I have known since they were born. 
With the cost of eating out becoming quickly well outside of my fixed income, is another reason why, eating out is not at the top of my fun things to do list.
That is just me. I am weird like that.

back in the day before i bought my old business i was one of the service techs that went to restaurants, fast food joints and institutions to repair all kinds of kitchen equipment on service calls. the horror stories i could tell you about about the equipment and the people that worked in them. that was 20years ago.

one of milder ones, i was out repair a tea brewer at the time was one of the leading buffet style cafeterias chains in the U.S.. it was just before the lunch rush and they were placing food on the steam table line. as they were doing it, the manger came out and start tasting the pans of food. not that was the bad part, the bad part he was only using one spoon and when he got done he's rinse it off in the steam table water.
now i know that steam / heat is supposed to is kill the germs and bacteria, but what if the table isn't up to temperature yet?
what if he is sick, and is contagious?

at first i just made a list of ones not to go to, finally i just quit going. to be fair there are some that are really clean freaks, then there are those that only worry if the health inspcetors are coming by.

just a side note, something that i always thought odd. most of the resturants i went to i would always see cats around the dumpsters, except Chinese ones.
smallrofl Just kidding.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by hounddoghowlie - 06-01-2022, 02:54 PM