Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-30-2022, 09:12 PM)SimeonJ Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 09:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 11:06 AM)SimeonJ Wrote: https://inews.co.uk/news/environment/edi...er-1657372

Edible insects: Scientists plan to feed primary school children locusts and mealworms to make the UK greener

I would immediately pull my kids out of school and start homeschooling them. I didn't bust my ass for the last 50 years just so the government could make my kids eat bugs.

Unfortunately in most European countries, not only EU, you are not allowed to do this.

I see why my ancestors left Europe and came to America then. I wouldn't remain in  a country (or I'd fire up a young war against it if I did stay) where my kids are considered Property of the State rather than MY kids, and the state was trying to feed them any old thing like bugs.

Oh, I've had run-ins with school administrators over stupid shit like trying to make my kids wear uniforms (didn't happen, in the end - I told them he'd probably be in a uniform soon enough, and didn't need any practice now), but feeding them bugs sinks to a whole new level. If they tried that here in this neighborhood, I'm fairly certain someone would burn the school down one dark night and solve that problem, so I probably wouldn't have to do a thing.

---

I've noticed that the local Walmart is trying to peddle "meatless chicken" made out of "vegetable protein". it seems to just be sitting on the shelves. They also have "vegetable meat" burgers in the freezers, and those don't appear to be moving, either. Burger King tried peddling those vegetable burger patties too. something called a "magnificent burger" or something like that - some sort of horrendously misplaced and abused name. I tried one just to see what it was like, and it was supremely unimpressive. Barely edible. I don't know if the still try to sell them or not, as I stopped going to Burger King after that experience - there's no telling what else they might try to poison you with!

Hillbillies are very familiar with meat and where it comes from. We prefer our meat to contain meat. If we want vegetable protein, we cook up a pot of pinto beans.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-30-2022, 09:42 PM