Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-30-2022, 01:38 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Okay @Bally002, The first batch was a hit. Everyone in my Brothers household loved the pickled eggs.

I like them just fine, but I am going to tweak the next batch. My neighbor likes them, but he wants to try my next batch, which I am doing with the apple cider vinegar next time. He liked them so much, I left the house with a quart of fresh homemade tomato soup, a bag full of mangoes, and a half gallon of moringa tea.

My Brother wants me to put some of my Scotch Bonnet peppers in a batch.

The scotch bonnets show no mercy, so I will have to experiment with those devils before I risk wasting too many eggs on that request.

I have several pickle solution recipes running through my mind. According to the internet, the pickled eggs last for four months.

I plan to put some aside to store. I know I can glass them to preserve them as well, but I am really not that crazy about the glassing idea.

Anyways. Thanks for the idea. We get so many eggs sometimes, that we can't even give them away. Pickling them is a wonderful and very tasty way to keep them on hand.

Thanks for informing me of this method for storage.

You're welcome.  As @Ninurta mentions there is a further way to extend the life of your eggs by simply chopping up a chili and adding that to the mixture.  Be aware that there will be a hot twang to the eggs when you eat them.  On the outside leastways.

I prefer vinegar eggs with a pickled onion.  Sides would be fish and thick fries.  (called potato chips here.).  Another underrated vegetable to pickle is celery.  Pickled and later used with cheese and/or sour cream is quite yummy.  Pepper is the ingredient for this one.

Kind regards,

Bally :)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Bally002 - 05-30-2022, 09:06 AM