Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-27-2022, 03:11 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Anyone know anything about moringa. My neighbor gave me a moringa tree. I have not planted it yet.

I dropped him off some lychee, because he is one of our group that does not have a lot, but he shares whatever he has. He is one of the most generous people I know.

Anyway, he gave me a quart of moringa tea, and a jar of moringa powder. I really like the tea. He says that the moringa tea is good for almost anything that ails you, and it is a good SHTF item to have around.

I am not familiar with moringa tea. I have heard about it. I am sure Mrs G has some knowledge of it.

Waitaminnit!

Y'all can grow lychee there?

I'd kill for some fresh lychee or longan. A little Buddhist monk used to bring me lychee and longan still on the branch when I was standing guard duty at a place, and I sure miss 'em. Little fella must have thought I looked sickly or something, as he was always bringing that, or sticky rice loaves wrapped in banana leaves, or fresh coconuts still in the husk, or grass tea, or something different every day, like he was trying to make sure I didn't fall over of starvation while I was at my post.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Ninurta - 05-28-2022, 06:50 AM