Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-24-2022, 04:45 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 04:37 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I can't be certain, but I believe that the Amish won't do too badly or much worse at least in all this. I see them in town shopping for things some times, but I never paid mind to what they were buying.

They need clothes, shoes, eyeglasses, health care, and many of the same things regular folks need, but they do provide much for themselves from farming, lumber mills, making furniture and wood working, black smith work, they have their own schools, etc.

I admire this.  While they appear a little back woods in my perspective, they have their finger on the 'pulse'.  They will survive.

I had a good conversation with an Amish fella two days ago.  I went to the archery store too buy a new bow and he was there looking for reloading supplies. The shop is anti-political (they hate everyone in politics ... know they're all corrupt).

I was surprised how in-tune this Amish fella was.  I listened to him talk to the owner for 20 minutes on the way things are politically.  His bottom line was that the Amish would probably survive in there was no dedicated backlash targeted against them for being capable of surviving any shit-storm the Biden/0bama administration has in store for the country.

Cheers mate!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by Snarl - 05-26-2022, 02:55 AM