Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.86 Average
Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis
(05-23-2022, 08:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(05-22-2022, 10:37 PM)beez Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

If you take 800mg of ibuprophen and 1000 mg of Tylenol, it packs about the same pain relieving punch as a Vicodin, just without the "high".

I imagine that might get a little rough on the liver if carried on for a while.

You are going to die from something. 

Pain is a weird thing, and is the one thing that is truly unique for each individual.

Pain is an alarm siren. It is your brain's way of alerting you something is wrong.

When you take a medication for pain, but do not resolve the issue causing the pain, the brain assumed you did not get the message and dials up the intensity of the pain.

That is why, people need stronger doses of pain medication over time. I have known 90 pound patients that were taking enough morphine to kill three elephants.

Another weird thing about pain is that it also works in the opposite direction. When you ignore the pain, over time, the brain will assume that you got the message, or will never get the message, so it stops using it's reserves to send the signal.

In both cases, if the issue causing the pain is not resolved, your body goes into a responsive loop, that will continue, until so much damage has been done that not much will be able to be done.

Pain medication is not a cure. It is a bandaid. It is sometimes worse for you than the disease, and even sometimes, more deadly.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Merchandise and Food Shortages in a National Crisis - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-23-2022, 01:02 PM